Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Obama's Foreign Policies Get Him Re-Elected?

Featured Replies

It came to a head in Bush's second term but it something that had been brewing for years. If Bush was at fault explain to me which of his policies lead to the crumble?
To say that Obama has been handling a mess is not the same as blaming Bush. And you are 100% correct, and I've said it many times in these discussions....the economic mess took decades to become what it was. I feel it's unrealistic that we'd expect it to be recovered in less than 4 years. As for Obama's handling of the economy, I personally am pleased with the way it's been handled. That does not mean I'm satisfied, I expect more to be done. But I didn't have any unrealistic expectations. It doesn't matter who occupied the Oval Office, this mess will not be completely recovered for a long, long time. I also think it's unrealistic to think that if Obama is defeated in the next election, that there will be any drastic improvement in the next 4 years.
  • Replies 108
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^How is increasing unemployment and astronomical spending good for the economy?

I have said consistently that Obama is a one timer....his time has come and gone. I give him credit for getting Osama Bin Laden and that is about it. I am not so sure getting rid of the Libyan leader will prove to be a good move.

 

I also believe any Republican nominee will defeat Obama. Obama will have to stand on his own economic record this time, and that is not a pretty sight. When the time comes next November, the energy will be behind the Republican nominee this time and Obama will be washed away. In the end people vote on their own pocketbook, not whether or not so and so is in power in the Middle East. It is easy to defeat an incumbent that has done a poor job...see Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush.

 

No way Bachmann, Perry, Paul, Newt, Huntsman, Palin, or Santorum can win.

 

I highly doubt Mr. Cain can win.

 

Mitt can win.

^How is increasing unemployment and astronomical spending good for the economy?
Unemployment is not increasing. Wise spending can be good spending. Now, whether you and I agree philosophically on the wisdom of the spending is the area of disagreement.
No way Bachmann, Perry, Paul, Newt, Huntsman, Palin, or Santorum can win.I highly doubt Mr. Cain can win.Mitt can win.
Didn't Palin announce she wasn't running? And if she's changed her mind, I'm making it my personal, one-woman mission to ensure she doesn't get elected.
You're the first person I've come across that goes by that mantra, or at least admits it...:lol:

 

 

Hey, I'm honest. I don't understand a lot of things that go in politics the way a lot of you do(like whose policies worked,where our taxes go, how the tax cuts affect me, how well the stimulus worked, etc etc) but I try to keep up and develop my own thoughts and opinions based on what makes sense to me. That's all I can do. I do know that if I knew absolutely nothing about politics and came to BGP for info on politics then I would think Obama is a bumbling idiot who is the reason America's economy is in the toilet and hasn't done anything right except kill Bin Laden and I know that isn't correct either. I know too many smart people who know a lot more about politics than I do and they say a lot of the same things about Obama that Trinityalum said. I have no reason to believe Obama is as awful as he is made out to be.

No way Cain can win. Not a chance. The more he opens his mouth the more his lack of electability will shine. He's selling his book. Period.

To say that Obama has been handling a mess is not the same as blaming Bush. And you are 100% correct, and I've said it many times in these discussions....the economic mess took decades to become what it was. I feel it's unrealistic that we'd expect it to be recovered in less than 4 years. As for Obama's handling of the economy, I personally am pleased with the way it's been handled. That does not mean I'm satisfied, I expect more to be done. But I didn't have any unrealistic expectations. It doesn't matter who occupied the Oval Office, this mess will not be completely recovered for a long, long time. I also think it's unrealistic to think that if Obama is defeated in the next election, that there will be any drastic improvement in the next 4 years.

 

 

Absolutely.

Hey, I'm honest. I don't understand a lot of things that go in politics the way a lot of you do(like whose policies worked,where our taxes go, how the tax cuts affect me, how well the stimulus worked, etc etc) but I try to keep up and develop my own thoughts and opinions based on what makes sense to me. That's all I can do. I do know that if I knew absolutely nothing about politics and came to BGP for info on politics then I would think Obama is a bumbling idiot who is the reason America's economy is in the toilet and hasn't done anything right except kill Bin Laden and I know that isn't correct either. I know too many smart people who know a lot more about politics than I do and they say a lot of the same things about Obama that Trinityalum said. I have no reason to believe Obama is as awful as he is made out to be.

 

He's definitely not as bad as many on here have painted him out to be, but he's no where close to being as magnificient as TA has tried to make him out to be.

 

He's done well in the war on terror and foreign policy IMO, but failed quite a bit on the home front.

Didn't Palin announce she wasn't running? And if she's changed her mind, I'm making it my personal, one-woman mission to ensure she doesn't get elected.

 

Correct. She is not running.

Unemployment is not increasing. Wise spending can be good spending. Now, whether you and I agree philosophically on the wisdom of the spending is the area of disagreement.

 

Unemployment is higher now than when he took office, is it not?

Maybe it's a matter of perspective. Personally, my lot is better than prior to his election. I was able to find a new job with comparable pay, lower cost health benefits and 401K. My 401K has been gaining, not leaps and bounds, but modestly. And modest gains are fine for me. Many in my family are seeing improvement in several areas, such as promotions & lower cost health insurance as well.

 

Well, that's mighty Republican of you RM. :D :clap:

Well, that's mighty Republican of you RM. :D :clap:
I don't understand.
Unemployment is higher now than when he took office, is it not?
Unemployment is improving.
I don't understand.

 

It seems to me that being more concerned about one's own personal situation is more a Republican philosophy. Looking out for one's self first and foremost, whereas most liberal ideals are looking out for the less fortunate or the poor.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.