Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Records Set Or Tied In '05

Featured Replies

NewCath:

 

Schneider: State record for coaching wins and broke the 300 wins mark.

 

Diehl: School record for career passing, touchdowns, and I believe all season passing marks.

 

Cannafax: Receptions in a season, receiving yards in a season, and I believe career receiving yards.

 

NewCath football tied the school record for wins in a season with 13.

Matt Atkins at Newport had 10 extra points in a game which ties him for 3 in the state record book. He also had the school record of 58 in a game. I also think that punter Ryne Wilfong had a 71 yrd punt. Not sure of that. Also like above about JJ Hesch. Congrats to these Wildcats.

My bad midee, either I was informed wrongly which is very quite possible or that is a typo. I'd say the first is probably the case.

 

No problem MOJO. I just noticed that sometime the KHSAA has been wrong. Just wondering if this was one of those times. Anyway that is an awesome achievement to even get close to that in a game. :thumb:

Matt Atkins at Newport had 10 extra points in a game which ties him for 3 in the state record book. He also had the school record of 58 in a game. I also think that punter Ryne Wilfong had a 71 yrd punt. Not sure of that. Also like above about JJ Hesch. Congrats to these Wildcats.

 

Wilfong had a 71 yard punt and led NKY in punting average and he didn't get any 1st team All-Whatever as a punter.

 

I wonder why? Things that make ya say hmmmmmm.......

Wilfong had a 71 yard punt and led NKY in punting average and he didn't get any 1st team All-Whatever as a punter.

 

I wonder why? Things that make ya say hmmmmmm.......

 

Probably because Newport didn't punt very much throughout the season. They either scored or turned it over. I think I saw 3 plus Newport games and I'm trying to remember a punt.

Punting average is a bikini statistic. Punting out of bounds 35 yards is better than punting 42 yards to someone who returns it 20.

Usually All-whatever punters are on teams that have to punt a lot and the punter has to be good to keep the team in the game.

Knott Central's Bobby Owens broke several school records : Most TDs in season 23. single game rushing record 374, tied state record with 99 yard TD run, single season rushing 2020 yards. Bobby did this while sitting out 1.5 games.

Phillp Dunn from Clay County broke the school interception record with 11. I think Lewis broke the game and season passing records this year also.

  • Author

James Thomas of Newport set the recieving yards in a season and touchdown receptions. Also I believe Hesch took over in the Catagory of most touchdown passes in a career and most yards in a career at Newport and I believe he set a school record for passing yards in a game.

Chris Thomas (QB) Hopkinsville broke the school's all time passing completion percentage mark. But to some of the outside self-proclaimed experts he was the wink link on offense. They are way off.

Is 4 touchdowns in 6 carries in one game a record? I don't know where to find that info?

Matt Sauerbeck broke the career tackle record at Campbell County.

I'm curious if there has ever been another offense that had a 3,500+(I think) yards from a QB, 2 1,000 yards+ WR's and a 1,000 yard plus RB?

That would be Justin Burke QB, Wes Caldwell and Cornell Burbage WR's and Shane Isreal RB.

 

I figured Bush/Jones/Barclay/Spencer probably put up big stats.

Brohm/May/McBroom and? would probably be close.

Guduli/Grover/Hamblen?

Couch's crew?

That's about the only one's I can think of unless one of the Breathitt teams, Owensboro Cath teams or Bardstown teams might have been close? Does anybody know?

  • Author

Newport set 16 individual school records and 4 school records. Good year for the Wildcats.

Newport set 16 individual school records and 4 school records. Good year for the Wildcats.

 

This years players and team pretty much rewrote the record books down at NHS. James Thomas set school records in recieving yards in a season with over 1,000 and receiving td's in a season 17. Also he had 45 catches which I think was a school record. This was his first year playing football also, gotta wonder what could have been had he played all 4 years.

 

Atkins broke the school record for PAT's in a season with 58.

 

Hesch broke numerous passing records. He has most passing td's in a year 30 i think, most passing yards in a season with 2,300+. Set record for most completions with 145 and career passings yards with 4,200+. Also had school record for most total yards in a season with around 2,800 yards i think. He still has another year left also so he will add to those totals.

 

The team tied the school record for most wins with 11, set school record for points in seaon with 540 and ppg with 41.6. They had over 200 first downs and averaged 17 first downs a game.

 

Very impressive year for the Wildcats.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.