Has the "drive for five" become the most lackluster season in Bluebird history?

He's the Highlands version of Simon Kentons UK#1fan.:lol:

My appologies to UK#1fan[/QUOTE]

Missed the apology part the first time I read the post. Never thought I would read that!:jump:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bolded two parts of your post for commenting...

The Elder team Highlands faces tonight (at Elder) will probably represent the toughest competition Highlands will face all year, including the playoffs. So, if HHS plays well tonight then I think it will bode very well for the team going forward this year. Thus, the Elder game is hardly meaningless... other than the CCH game (since CCH probably represents HHS' biggest roadblock to winning the 4A state title), this Elder game may be the most meaningful game HHS plays this year.

And no one should buy any of this stuff about Elder being a terrible team (by KY standards) this year, with or without suspensions. As someone posted earlier, Elder would likely be a top two or three team in KY this year. Plus, I noticed that Elder has a junior RB (who is expected to play tonight) who is about 6'3" and 230 pounds, running behind a huge O-line. I can't think of any better preparation for having to face teams like CCH or Johnson Central in the playoffs than having to go against this tonight. Go 'Birds!

Like I posted before, The Birds aren't vying for a national title nor is Elder. It's meaningless otherwise IMO. A win at the Pit doesn't carry any weight when the playoffs come around. In fact, playing such a large school power this late in the season could hinder the Birds with nagging injuries. Besides this topic is for another thread. This current thread has been hijacked by "my three sons" who apparently haven't left high school.:D