Elder, OH 76 Campbell Co 59

The Camels could NOT buy a basket this evening. They scored the first four points of the game within the first minute but didn't score again until under a minute remaining in the first quarter.

I see them winning some games this year but the shooting has got to get better. They're a really scrappy team.

Another win for the Ohio side.

I won't lie I don't pay a lot of attention to a lot of the high school basketball around, but this season I am going to try and catch one local game a week.

My question about the Ohio vs Kentucky teams that I have read about on here is who usually wins?

I always thought that Kentucky was much better in roundball then Ohio was.

Thanks in advance.

Another win for the Ohio side.

I won't lie I don't pay a lot of attention to a lot of the high school basketball around, but this season I am going to try and catch one local game a week.

My question about the Ohio vs Kentucky teams that I have read about on here is who usually wins?

I always thought that Kentucky was much better in roundball then Ohio was.

Thanks in advance.

It all depends on who is playing who as far as Ohio and KY. And to be fair Ohio teams concentrate on league games which sometimes works to the advantage of a KY team.

For example, if Elder has a game against Moeller on Friday, St. Henry on Saturday and St. X on Tuesday the St. Henry game would not be a point of emphasis.

A bright spot for the Camels is big man Kenny Walker broke out for 17 pts... Congrats big man :thumb:

Most of his 17 points were mid-range baseline jumpers.

The Campbell County staff is contemplating moving him to Two-Man.

In all sincerity I'm happy to see the much maligned Camel big man have a great game vs a quality opponent.

How did White play?

Brett White is up against it this year drawing the best defenders and getting doubled on his baseline bread and butter move.

I don't think teams respect his running mates and key on him. Very effectively at that. Brett had two points in the first half vs Elder.

Brett has to be getting frustrated that the "dynasty" isn't panning out. These guys were 10th Region Freshmen Champs and were being billed as the "dream team". Here three years later I think some of the seniors are in serious jeopardy of watching the underclassmen play from the sidelines the remainder of the season. Andy Franzen was impessive vs Elder, played hard and made things happen. Kenny Walker put up 17, but gave up about 15 on defense, but he's a junior and will be back next year - who are you going to invest in??? Parks seemed equally as effective as Schmidt and Jonathan Verst seems to be lost in the shuffle.

Mike Reitz is a shrewd old fox. I suspect he is letting some of his seniors play themselves out of a position and will make some adjustments in PT soon. The Camels have a tough schedule ahead and only have two more weak sisters to beat up on the remainder of the way out. They come home to Boyd County then face Pendleton in two of their next three games :creepy: , followed by Holmes and Mason County with CovCath looming on the horizon.

It could get mighty dry and dusty for Brett and Company over in the desert if some things don't change.

Mustang, what did you think of Elder?
Typical Elder team. Not exceptionally large or flashy. Very fundamental - great shooters, good depth and excellent defense.

Personally, I don't think they will be among the elite of the GCL but are a nice, solid, well-coached ballclub.

Brett White is up against it this year drawing the best defenders and getting doubled on his baseline bread and butter move.

I don't think teams respect his running mates and key on him. Very effectively at that. Brett had two points in the first half vs Elder.

Brett has to be getting frustrated that the "dynasty" isn't panning out. These guys were 10th Region Freshmen Champs and were being billed as the "dream team". Here three years later I think some of the seniors are in serious jeopardy of watching the underclassmen play from the sidelines the remainder of the season. Andy Franzen was impessive vs Elder, played hard and made things happen. Kenny Walker put up 17, but gave up about 15 on defense, but he's a junior and will be back next year - who are you going to invest in??? Parks seemed equally as effective as Schmidt and Jonathan Verst seems to be lost in the shuffle.

Mike Reitz is a shrewd old fox. I suspect he is letting some of his seniors play themselves out of a position and will make some adjustments in PT soon. The Camels have a tough schedule ahead and only have two more weak sisters to beat up on the remainder of the way out. They come home to Boyd County then face Pendleton in two of their next three games , followed by Holmes and Mason County with CovCath looming on the horizon.

It could get mighty dry and dusty for Brett and Company over in the desert if some things don't change.

I agree with everything, except one part. I dont think this team was ever thought of as the "dream team" just a very good team coming up. I mean they won their region as freshmans, they just have high expectations. But I dont they were thought of as a "dream team".

Mike Reitz is a shrewd old fox. I suspect he is letting some of his seniors play themselves out of a position and will make some adjustments in PT soon. The Camels have a tough schedule ahead and only have two more weak sisters to beat up on the remainder of the way out. They come home to Boyd County then face Pendleton in two of their next three games :creepy: , followed by Holmes and Mason County with CovCath looming on the horizon.

I also agree with most of the assessment from Mustang with exception to "The Dream Team" statement. The only person I've heard this from is Mustang. If I recall the Brossart "Dream Team" didn't make it to the Region the past 2 years.