Elder, OH 76 Campbell Co 59

Brett White is up against it this year drawing the best defenders and getting doubled on his baseline bread and butter move.

I don't think teams respect his running mates and key on him. Very effectively at that. Brett had two points in the first half vs Elder.

Brett has to be getting frustrated that the "dynasty" isn't panning out. These guys were 10th Region Freshmen Champs and were being billed as the "dream team". Here three years later I think some of the seniors are in serious jeopardy of watching the underclassmen play from the sidelines the remainder of the season. Andy Franzen was impessive vs Elder, played hard and made things happen. Kenny Walker put up 17, but gave up about 15 on defense, but he's a junior and will be back next year - who are you going to invest in??? Parks seemed equally as effective as Schmidt and Jonathan Verst seems to be lost in the shuffle.

Mike Reitz is a shrewd old fox. I suspect he is letting some of his seniors play themselves out of a position and will make some adjustments in PT soon. The Camels have a tough schedule ahead and only have two more weak sisters to beat up on the remainder of the way out. They come home to Boyd County then face Pendleton in two of their next three games :creepy: , followed by Holmes and Mason County with CovCath looming on the horizon.

It could get mighty dry and dusty for Brett and Company over in the desert if some things don't change.

I will also add that Brett drew the same attention last season and performed quite well as he will do again this year. You failed to mention that he had 3 early fouls in the 1st half and sat. I'm sure you are hoping for a very dry and dusty desert down the road from you. Brett is an exceptional player and person and is surrounded by good players as well. These guys have been through much tougher circumstances than losing a basketball game and I'm sure they will work through it fine. I'm also very confident in Coach Reitz and his staff that they will have these boys ready come tournament time. :thum

I also agree with most of the assessment from Mustang with exception to "The Dream Team" statement. The only person I've heard this from is Mustang. If I recall the Brossart "Dream Team" didn't make it to the Region the past 2 years.
Brossart's "Dream Team" had many major accomplishments during their run. I would hope that they would be remembered for the many great things that they accomplished rather than for those that they failed to accomplish. I think it was no great disgrace to lose to Pendleton County in the first round of the district last year and that they were victimized by the luck of the draw moreso than their failure to achieve. Credit PCo for having a great team and it was a shame that the two had to draw in that manner and that the 10th Region title was determined on a Wednesday night in Brooksville rather than a Saturday night in Maysville.

Sorry if I'm over-hyping the "dream team" statement in reference to the 2005-06 Camels. You're right the term certainly hasn't come up lately BUT if you were around during their freshmen season when they swept through the 10th Region Freshmen Tournament without challege and the expectations for the future of the group was at a fever pitch, that tag would have certainly applied.

The word "dynasty" that I used was actually a direct Brett White quote from his 8th Grade days at St Mary when he played in the Campbell County AAU program for Coach Sulllivan. When we occasionally chatted about his high school future he was very up-front in stating that he wanted to go to Cambell County to keep the "AAU Dynasty" together.

I'm not taking any shots at anyone here and I'm speaking for myself and not the Brossart program and probably should stay out of all things Brossart-Campbell altogether. I have many friends and a former player in the Campbell County camp and consider Coach Mike Reitz a good friend. My comments are merely my personal observations of the games I've seen the Camels play this season and an interest in joining in on the discussion as many Camel folks do on Brossart threads.