Cooper 40 South Oldham 21

hja1224

Tough night for the three Oldham schools...North Oldham took their first loss, on the road (24-22) at Collins when stopped in the final minute on fourth down.... Fern Creek stopped Oldham County, 16-15 with a FG with 9.8 seconds to play...

For South, they were pretty beaten by a Cooper team that seems to be enjoying a breakout season. Kudos to the Jaguars... The Dragons suffered a heartache of a different kind this week.

Emotionally difficult night for South. IMO, they went into this game - despite being a pre-season favorite to finish 1 or 2 in the district - as the decided underdog, based on their recent play and the impressive play Cooper has shown this year. But it certainly didn't help when Dillon and Dallas Banks' father died unexpectedly on Thursday of a heart attack. I called the FC - Oldham game Friday night, but I understand Dillon wore his father's old football number in the ballgame as a tribute to his dad... Can't even imagine playing through that distraction. Condolences to Dillon and Dallas and the entire South Oldham football community...

Tough night for the three Oldham schools...North Oldham took their first loss, on the road (24-22) at Collins when stopped in the final minute on fourth down.... Fern Creek stopped Oldham County, 16-15 with a FG with 9.8 seconds to play...

For South, they were pretty beaten by a Cooper team that seems to be enjoying a breakout season. Kudos to the Jaguars... The Dragons suffered a heartache of a different kind this week.

Emotionally difficult night for South. IMO, they went into this game - despite being a pre-season favorite to finish 1 or 2 in the district - as the decided underdog, based on their recent play and the impressive play Cooper has shown this year. But it certainly didn't help when Dillon and Dallas Banks' father died unexpectedly on Thursday of a heart attack. I called the FC - Oldham game Friday night, but I understand Dillon wore his father's old football number in the ballgame as a tribute to his dad... Can't even imagine playing through that distraction. Condolences to Dillon and Dallas and the entire South Oldham football community...

Sorry to hear that I speak for all of Cooper . Dont think I could have played at all .