Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tacky postgame handshake

Featured Replies

When I played in 1983, one guy from another team had cheapshotted one of our players after the whistle blew if I remember right. Now this ol' boy wasn't much of one for that kind of stuff and he tended to follow the Old Testament part of the Bible that says "eye for an eye" and not the "turn the other cheek" saying in the New Testament. He was rougher than a night in jail and when it came time to shake hands after the game (we lost to boot), he shook hands and looked at each players number until he found the right one...reached out to shake with his left and gave a right hook with the other. All heck broke loose and we had a scrum between both entire teams on the fifty yard line with even the coaches having a shoving match because the opposing coach pulled one of our guys hair to get him out of the pile. Now you all can say what you want about sportsmanship, but, when you are fully padded, with helmets on (only one dimwit from our team tried to leave his off and use it for a weapon which got him thirteen stitches on top of the head...the big dummy) a fight really can be sorta fun....at least back then I thought it was. My point is, I think maybe it might be a good idea to get the kids off the field as soon as possible like one person said on this thread. You never know what might break out from ill feelings.

In the State of Michigan, youth hockey teams are required to shake hands before the game.

Where I grew up we frequently played teams from downtown Oakland, CA. I would have considered a tack to be a gesture of friendship. Weapons in football games are old school.

Looks like he was kicked off the team as well.

 

 

We really need to get rid of these postgame handshakes after little league. It's pointless.

All this talk of Class, and no class, is just feminization of sports, its just a vehicle for Drama, not sure where it came from or what its all about, I like the NFL way you go find old freinds, colleagues, or someone who earned your respect during the game and shake em up and head to the house.

All this talk of Class, and no class, is just feminization of sports, its just a vehicle for Drama, not sure where it came from or what its all about, I like the NFL way you go find old freinds, colleagues, or someone who earned your respect during the game and shake em up and head to the house.

 

I don't necessarily promote the post game handshake or "good game" line, but to say that having class is "feminization" of the sport is sad. Class = strength, in my opinion. To say otherwise is to want to excuse bad behavior.

All this talk of Class, and no class, is just feminization of sports, its just a vehicle for Drama, not sure where it came from or what its all about, I like the NFL way you go find old freinds, colleagues, or someone who earned your respect during the game and shake em up and head to the house.

 

I agree. I remember Antonio Pierce last week when talking about Harbough and Schwartz was saying he never shook hands after a game. Especially if they lost. His explanation...if I like you then I'll probably see you over the summer and that he didn't need to see anyone after the game but his teammates.

 

Testerone starts building in middle school and I have seen some of the mildest mannered kids go look for the kid who wronged them in the game during the handshake. Time to get rid of it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.