Is Trinity officially "Kentucky's Team" now....

Would be cool to see Trinity win a national title, and yes I'll cheer for them against any team not from KY. With that said I'd cheer for just about any team from KY against Trinity. As far as their recent schedule, I do think it's impressive their wins, Trinity has defeated teams that are private catholic schools and have the same advantages as them over the public schools so that is in fact rather impressive. Perhaps my last sentence is a bit of a back handed compliment, but I do think they've been impressive against other private schools.

Private schools aren't hard to beat. At some point people need to get over the whole 'private school' thing and get better. Period.

How is Kentucky football weak overall when last I saw we have a winning record over out of state opponents? Does that not count?

It's not private school's, it's a select few that have a clear advantage over the rest. When's the last time Boyle beat St. X or Trinity??? Oh they haven't played recently, I wonder why........

Would be cool to see Trinity win a national title, and yes I'll cheer for them against any team not from KY. With that said I'd cheer for just about any team from KY against Trinity. As far as their recent schedule, I do think it's impressive their wins, Trinity has defeated teams that are private catholic schools and have the same advantages as them over the public schools so that is in fact rather impressive. Perhaps my last sentence is a bit of a back handed compliment, but I do think they've been impressive against other private schools.
Don't know how the rest of the season will progress, but I think we've been impressive, so far, regardless of what "type" of school we played....

It's not private school's, it's a select few that have a clear advantage over the rest. When's the last time Boyle beat St. X or Trinity??? Oh they haven't played recently, I wonder why........
Yawn......do you see where Boyle is? Do you see where we are? It's rather level here in Jefferson County. You guys like living out in the state (country), you get all the advantages and disadvantages that come with it. DEAL WITH IT, or move here.

Private schools aren't hard to beat. At some point people need to get over the whole 'private school' thing and get better. Period.

How is Kentucky football weak overall when last I saw we have a winning record over out of state opponents? Does that not count?

All privates, no. But what other private has owned their class like T?

Overall it is weak. Take the top 10 teams in Ky and go play the top 10 teams in OH or TN or AL or FL or GA. I think Ky would hold their own with IN but still think IN would hold the advantage.

In some old thread from last season I said that T does not represent KY when it comes to football. They're such a unique animal that 99% of the state cannot relate.

Having watched them play against T I now am even more convinced they are an aberration (and congrats to them).

So do I get all giggly when they beat GCL schools? Not really. It's no different than X beating Moeller or Elder beating X.

Like every team I wish them nothing but success but their success will be nothing more than another game to me.

No hate. No bitterness. I just don't root for other teams than teams that I am associated with.

We've never played St. X or Trinity but Bowling Green beat St. X this year and has given Trinity a good game or two as well. Boyle has defeated LexCath the last 6 times the teams have met. Last I saw LexCath was a private school with a respectable program.

All privates, no. But what other private has owned their class like T?

Overall it is weak. Take the top 10 teams in Ky and go play the top 10 teams in OH or TN or AL or FL or GA. I think Ky would hold their own with IN but still think IN would hold the advantage.

You are also comparing Ky football to powerhouse states as well. What about states similar to Ky like Arkansas, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska or other states that share a populace similar to Ky? How would we fare against their top 10?

You are also comparing Ky football to powerhouse states as well. What about states similar to Ky like Arkansas, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska or other states that share a populace similar to Ky? How would we fare against their top 10?
I can't say, don't know much about them. If KY was on par with those states how does that change the fact overall KY is weak. Maybe those states are weak as well. If you ranked the states 1-50 I would say KY would rank towards the bottom.