If McCoy is a lock for '12, shouldn't we see him under center....

No. Next season is just that, next season.

Doesn't mean we won't see him, just that it isn't a given that to be the QB next season he HAS to see time in the next couple of games.

If PT is only going to play 2 to 3 quarters AND if McCoy IS the leading candidate to be the man next year I struggle to see the logic in him not getting the 2nd team snaps.

If PT is only going to play 2 to 3 quarters AND if McCoy IS the leading candidate to be the man next year I struggle to see the logic in him not getting the 2nd team snaps.

I didn't mean to imply that we wouldn't see him at QB, because in fact, we may. Contrary to what the OP may have implied, there is no 2012 QB controversy brewing.

That is' date=' Donovan "the real" McCoy.[/quote']

Ok UK fan or whack a mole, an army of folks wanted him on the field, instead of playing #2. This happened now you want him taking snaps even though the other #2 has played very well on the field. No doubt McCoy can play, I am sure he will champion the cause next year. Stop taking your cake and eating it too. I am sure lots of clubs wish they had these problems.

Ok UK fan or whack a mole, an army of folks wanted him on the field, instead of playing #2. This happened now you want him taking snaps even though the other #2 has played very well on the field. No doubt McCoy can play, I am sure he will champion the cause next year. Stop taking your cake and eating it too. I am sure lots of clubs wish they had these problems.

:thumb:

What in the world is the deal with the hatin'? I honestly don't know what you're referring to, but I was just wondering about him getting some snaps period. Give the Whack hatin' a break......didn't mean to ruffle your bird feathers but whatever I say, it always seems to inflame one of my compadres.:isurrender:

I am big Birds fan myself but the logic is a little confusing. You def would want him to have some game experience, game speed experience. I tell ya this I am really impressed with Houliston (spelling) as a Sophomore he is a gamer write that down.

Not related to this thread, but clear you PM's

If I recall properly, when Will Bardo started at corner his junior year and was the backup QB, he got limited experience in mop up duty at the QB spot. He did just fine his senior year at the QB spot prior to getting hurt. Dale is playing for this year and wants to keep McCoy healthy. If he's going to pull the starting O line when the Birds get up big (and he should) there is zero, absolutely zero reason to put McCoy out there with the back up O line. Hope that helps answer your question Whackem.

If I recall properly, when Will Bardo started at corner his junior year and was the backup QB, he got limited experience in mop up duty at the QB spot. He did just fine his senior year at the QB spot prior to getting hurt. Dale is playing for this year and wants to keep McCoy healthy. If he's going to pull the starting O line when the Birds get up big (and he should) there is zero, absolutely zero reason to put McCoy out there with the back up O line. Hope that helps answer your question Whackem.

I thought Bardo was one of the better throwers we've seen in a while in NKY. I didn't see that in the albeit few times I've seen young McCoy. That's where I see the reps being beneficial.