Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leave Fridays to the high schools...

Featured Replies

Full disclosure, I am a UK fan. However, I would be ticked if UK did the same thing and scheduled a Friday game like Louisville has.

 

I know it's tougher for UL to get on tv but stay away from Fridays. High school attendance will take a noticeable hit for sure. It's a shame.

It's the new world. TV pays the big bucks. TV dictates when the games are on TV.

 

To be fair, is there really that much interest in UL football against FIU that people will skip high school games?

Full disclosure, I am a UK fan. However, I would be ticked if UK did the same thing and scheduled a Friday game like Louisville has.

 

I know it's tougher for UL to get on tv but stay away from Fridays. High school attendance will take a noticeable hit for sure. It's a shame.

 

I'm a UofL season ticket holder & I couldn't agree more, that's why I'll be at The Pit this Friday instead of PJCS... Go Rocks!

  • Author

Outside of true fans like Bosox1, I would bet because of the investment and number of home games that most will go to Papa John's.

Outside of true fans like Bosox1, I would bet because of the investment and number of home games that most will go to Papa John's.

 

How many season-ticket holders support high school teams by showing up weekly?

 

If I was a season-ticket holder and had tickets for FIU but also was a supporter of my fave local high school team I'd give my tickets away in a heartbeat.

  • Author
How many season-ticket holders support high school teams by showing up weekly?

 

If I was a season-ticket holder and had tickets for FIU but also was a supporter of my fave local high school team I'd give my tickets away in a heartbeat.

 

I would too. But what about the casual fan?

  • Author

Just called a guy who has a daughter that is a varsity cheerleader, a senior, and also has UL season tickets. He never misses high school games. Going to UL game. Just one guy I know but...

I would too. But what about the casual fan?

 

Casual high school fan? He's probably not showing up any way unless it's a really big game.

Just called a guy who has a daughter that is a varsity cheerleader, a senior, and also has UL season tickets. He never misses high school games. Going to UL game. Just one guy I know but...

 

To each his own. I'm not missing an event that my child is in.

"Leave Fridays to High School"...

What about when highschool games are on Saturdays? Saturday is for college. Think about it...

I'll be at the UofL game, but there's also no way I'd be driving to Cincinnati for the Trinity game. If the Shamrocks were playing in town tomorrow night, I'd probably still go to the UofL game but at the very least I'd have a decision to make.

I am a Ohio State fan if they played on Friday nights I would not be watching Friday Nights are High school football nights.

To each his own. I'm not missing an event that my child is in.

 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Full disclosure, I am a UK fan. However, I would be ticked if UK did the same thing and scheduled a Friday game like Louisville has.

 

I know it's tougher for UL to get on tv but stay away from Fridays. High school attendance will take a noticeable hit for sure. It's a shame.

Grab a dose of reality homey. U of L didn't decide to play the game tomorrow, ESPN did. DUH...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.