1984 Trinity vs. 2011 Trinity

theguru

The 84 Team was loaded with talent AND so is the 11 team but i think you best wait and see how this season develops. The 84

team with all that talent and the expectations found things were more difficult than expected. This 11 team has a very tough schedule also. Lets just wait and see.

Interesting. Lots of views but no responses to this thread? Hmmmm!

I was 8 back then so I cannot comment much on the game :)

Off the top of my head, I cannot even recall who coached that team. I know Lampley coached the 85 Championship team but I do not believe he coached the year before. I guess that would have been Gruniesen? (I think I spelled that wrong).

Off the top of my head, I cannot even recall who coached that team. I know Lampley coached the 85 Championship team but I do not believe he coached the year before. I guess that would have been Gruniesen? (I think I spelled that wrong).

Yes

You are correct, Sir. The 1984 team was the fifth and last coached by Roger Gruneisen (class of 1967). As a sidebar, his brother, Sam, had a long career with the San Diego Chargers, as a center, I believe.

Lampley began his second term as coach the next season and coached through the 1994 season.