St. Xavier 2006

I heard that one of the huge freshmen linebackers from Trinity transfered to St.X and is already in school. Is that Corwin Hammond?

Not true. Both LBs are still at Trinity. They both played varsity at the end of the season. Hammond transfered after his sophomore year, did not play while enrolled at X last year, and will be a senior this year.

Not true. Both LBs are still at Trinity. They both played varsity at the end of the season. Hammond transfered after his sophomore year, did not play while enrolled at X last year, and will be a senior this year.

It is posted on a UK web site that one of them has transfered.

How many starters are they returning? I expect Anderson to have an explosive year. Also, how many Div. 1 athletes are they graduating this season?

I am interested in seeing a reply from someone in the Tiger camp. Personnally, looking at this from an outsider's perspective, St. X does not put a lot of D-! players on scholarship out each year. I can recall Dan Bick in recent years and a few preferred walk ons. Not to say that they do not have D-1 prospects, with their success this is unusual. Having the experienced players that go into their program every year, they tend to know what their roles will be. I can see where they may not have all the inflated egos and parental (my son is the greatest) attitudes that tend to distract some of the more "talented?" teams. I will take a coachable "Jimmy or Joe" (with supportive parents) over a group of all world players any day.

:p

I am interested in seeing a reply from someone in the Tiger camp. Personnally, looking at this from an outsider's perspective, St. X does not put a lot of D-! players on scholarship out each year. I can recall Dan Bick in recent years and a few preferred walk ons. Not to say that they do not have D-1 prospects, with their success this is unusual. Having the experienced players that go into their program every year, they tend to know what their roles will be. I can see where they may not have all the inflated egos and parental (my son is the greatest) attitudes that tend to distract some of the more "talented?" teams. I will take a coachable "Jimmy or Joe" (with supportive parents) over a group of all world players any day.

Gracias mi amigo.

Early talk is Brad Schmitt, Matt Smith at tackles and Jeff Androla and James Carpenter at guards with Matt Meyer as part of the rotation. All got quality time this season. These guys will probably be 15 - 20 lbs heavier per man than this year and will be faster! Nice start to rebuilding a defense.

Think any of the freshman D-Line could get some P.T. next year?

Think any of the freshman D-Line could get some P.T. next year?

Frosh D-line was fantastic. A couple of them may get the opportunity to dress, could get some playing time in a backup role. Had to beat the value of experience the older guys already have.