Obamacare...did you know

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daddy can beat up your daddy.

I know you are, but what am I?

My apologies, in the future I'll just call myself a moderate and never take a stand on an issue while the right wing attack machine runs wild in this forum. That way I can appear to stay above the fray and not childish. :thumb:

Here is the thing I don't understand about those who are opposed to health care reform - it is the same people who complain about freeloaders or people on welfare. If you think people abuse welfare, then why are you ok paying medical expenses for people without health coverage? Everyone does realize that part of our cost for our medical expenses is paying for the people who don't have coverage, right? That cost is in the system somewhere and those of us with health insurance are paying for it. So why are people opposed to making those freeloaders get their own insurance and/or pay their own medical costs.

My apologies, in the future I'll just call myself a moderate and never take a stand on an issue while the right wing attack machine runs wild in this forum. That way I can appear to stay above the fray and not childish. :thumb:

Thank God you are here to keep the right wing machine at bay.

Here is the thing I don't understand about those who are opposed to health care reform - it is the same people who complain about freeloaders or people on welfare. If you think people abuse welfare, then why are you ok paying medical expenses for people without health coverage? Everyone does realize that part of our cost for our medical expenses is paying for the people who don't have coverage, right? That cost is in the system somewhere and those of us with health insurance are paying for it. So why are people opposed to making those freeloaders get their own insurance and/or pay their own medical costs.

I don't disagree with health care reform but I don't think its the federal governments rights to force individual citizens to buy a product. Where in the constitution does it say that?

You mean Bob Dole's republican HCR proposal right? That should show you how far right your party has moved. What is your solution? Just give everyone a voucher right?

Once again. Just because a republican comes up with something doesn't mean I agree with it. I seriously don't know how many times I have to say that until it hits your threshold. And the R's are not my party. You think the federal gov't can mandate that you buy health insurance? They can force you to buy a product? How is that constitutional?