Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity vs. St. Xavier Class

Featured Replies

I have to give some credit to the rocks ...and not about the win but for another thing...class!

 

I, being a veteran, was very moved by your student section singing the National Anthem as the Bugle player played. They sang with pride and a patriotic spirit. It is awesome seeing young men showing this kind of National Pride.

 

I was also impressed with Petrino. At the end of the game, one particular Tiger was having a very hard time....Petrino went to that X player instead of the Trinity team celebration. Petrino pulled that Tiger up off the ground and then hugged him. He stayed there with him for at least 2 or 3 minutes. Now that's class! For a 17 year old boy to pass up personal glory to comfort an opposing player is breath-taking.

 

But that's what Trinity and X football is all about.......class. Congrats Rocks you earned the title on the field and earned much respect for the way your students behaved off the field.

I have to give some credit to the rocks ...and not about the win but for another thing...class!

 

I, being a veteran, was very moved by your student section singing the National Anthem as the Bugle player played. They sang with pride and a patriotic spirit. It is awesome seeing young men showing this kind of National Pride.

 

I was also impressed with Petrino. At the end of the game, one particular Tiger was having a very hard time....Petrino went to that X player instead of the Trinity team celebration. Petrino pulled that Tiger up off the ground and then hugged him. He stayed there with him for at least 2 or 3 minutes. Now that's class! For a 17 year old boy to pass up personal glory to comfort an opposing player is breath-taking.

 

But that's what Trinity and X football is all about.......class. Congrats Rocks you earned the title on the field and earned much respect for the way your students behaved off the field.

 

Thanks Xman85 for the compliment to the T students.

 

One other thing, and I didn't find out until after the game, but Coach Glaser's father-in-law passed away yesterday morning. Sympathy and prayers to him from the Trinity family.

  • Author
Thanks Xman85 for the compliment to the T students.

 

One other thing, and I didn't find out until after the game, but Coach Glaser's father-in-law passed away yesterday morning. Sympathy and prayers to him from the Trinity family.

Thanks ....I love the class that these 2 schools teach, show, and foster

This only chips the surface of the "unfair" advantage these two schools have. Both should be proud of the young men they produce in and out of the athletic programs...

Great game by both...as well as class. Look forward to next year..hopefully twice

Thanks, Xman...it goes both ways! :thumb:

I have to give some credit to the rocks ...and not about the win but for another thing...class!

 

I, being a veteran, was very moved by your student section singing the National Anthem as the Bugle player played. They sang with pride and a patriotic spirit. It is awesome seeing young men showing this kind of National Pride.

 

I was also impressed with Petrino. At the end of the game, one particular Tiger was having a very hard time....Petrino went to that X player instead of the Trinity team celebration. Petrino pulled that Tiger up off the ground and then hugged him. He stayed there with him for at least 2 or 3 minutes. Now that's class! For a 17 year old boy to pass up personal glory to comfort an opposing player is breath-taking.

 

But that's what Trinity and X football is all about.......class. Congrats Rocks you earned the title on the field and earned much respect for the way your students behaved off the field.

 

I saw a lot of this from players on both sides. Both schools' supporters should be very proud of their kids. :thumb:

Xman you make me proud to be a fellow alumni. Thanks for your comments.

Great effort from great kids on both sides. Both coaches showed incredible class and dignity as well.

 

Coach Glaser refused to blame the death of his Father-in-law, but did say in the postgame interviews that his, "head may not have been in it".

 

As for Bob Beattie, he handled all of our questions with class, and gave credit to his players, and the opposition. Nice to hear him say how much he loves his players.

 

I was called sir by more kids in less than 30 minutes than I have ever been.

 

Last nights' game is why I love High School Sports. Those kids left everything on the field. Warriors on the field, and fine young men off it.

I could not be any more proud than I am right now....Truly the class.

Great effort from great kids on both sides. Both coaches showed incredible class and dignity as well.

 

Coach Glaser refused to blame the death of his Father-in-law, but did say in the postgame interviews that his, "head may not have been in it".

 

As for Bob Beattie, he handled all of our questions with class, and gave credit to his players, and the opposition. Nice to hear him say how much he loves his players.

 

I was called sir by more kids in less than 30 minutes than I have ever been.

 

Last nights' game is why I love High School Sports. Those kids left everything on the field. Warriors on the field, and fine young men off it.

 

If you were in the interview room afterward, Jim Schue was in there with you. :sssh:

Seeing the whole Rock team after the game and not celebrating but more concerned about shaking the hands of the other team is what this rivalry is ALL ABOUT!!!! What a great Display of High School Football

Tigers - Hold your heads high. You had a magnificent season. I know the pain feels unbearable right now, but time will help you recall that splendid 25-game streak and four years of the pride of playing for St. Xavier High School.

  • Author
Seeing the whole Rock team after the game and not celebrating but more concerned about shaking the hands of the other team is what this rivalry is ALL ABOUT!!!! What a great Display of High School Football

I think a lot of people outside the Louisville catholic arena forget that these same X and T players were teammates in grade school. I have many T friends that I have kept up with over the years. At work the T and X graduates seem to just gravatate towards each other. I spent all week at work, hanging T posters (with slight humorous changes) around the building. I also spent time taking Trinity stickers off my car and erasing various T slogans written in shoe polish on my windows. Outsiders get worried that these childish and fun pranks will make the target mad.....but it doesn't because it just all part of the fun.

  • Author

I started this thread because of the intense feeling of pride that I felt about this rivalry and how most supporters acted. I was very proud of the young men that played in this game and watched this game and displayed that class that is expected by students of these schools.

 

I am, however, very troubled by some supporters on BGP whose classless attacks in posts and threads are going to over-shadow the great job of the 17 and 18 year old boys who showed un-equaled class. Maybe some of these posters need to go back to school for some more education.

 

You feel that your classless attacks are somehow hurting another school when in fact they are hurting yours. BGPers all over the state are forming opinions of your school/team by your actions!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.