Conner 2011

Ram

I think Conner moving to 5A will be to their benefit since they were playing out of class since Cooper opened. The biggest question mark with this year's version of the Cougars will be their defense. They lost alot of people at some key spots and will look to replace them with some Varsity rookies. Offensively, I think they will be able to put up points and get up a nice push up front from some experienced returning lineman. This should allow them to control the ball and the clock allowing them to keep their young defense off of the field. Their challenging non-conference schedule should have them ready to make a deep run in their 5A district playoffs by seasons end. Good luck to the Cougars for the upcoming season and their home opener against cross county rival Boone Co.

Another Big Question Mark Is Can Barker Lead This Team As A Sophomoree?

We should have the answer to this question on August 26th around 9:30 pm. This team may have several sophomore contributors. I think they will all be contributors this season. Jessie McKeehan is someone to keep an eye on this year in the new comer category.

I Meant More Along The Lines Of Being Able To Carry The Team With His Arm. Conner Is Obviously A Passing Team & That's A lot Of Pressure For A 15 Year Old. Just Throwing Ideas Around. But Even Nick West Didn't Have Great Numbers As A Sophomore.

I Meant More Along The Lines Of Being Able To Carry The Team With His Arm. Conner Is Obviously A Passing Team & That's A lot Of Pressure For A 15 Year Old. Just Throwing Ideas Around. But Even Nick West Didn't Have Great Numbers As A Sophomore.

Gotcha. Why do you capitalize every word? Distracting.

Having the solid line and some really good skill guys returning (Fogle, Kennedy & Mulderink) should ease the pressure. I would look for both Fogle and Mulderink to put up some really nice numbers this season. Both guys have speed and great hands.

Conner seems to think they have an easy road in the playoffs .... But there are two things they must do to even have a chance to win a championship:

1. They must be able to run the football (and I am not talking about out of the shotgun)

2. They must be able to stop the run.

By doing this ... They would have a much better chance of controlling the clock---which is essential in playoff football.

Teams that win championships can usually do both.

I would think that senior; Cy Smith would be the QB, but I am an outsider looking in.

1. He graduated.

2. If he hadn't, I'm not sure if he would be the starter. It would have been an interesting battle.

Nick West made All-District as a Soph..