Newport Central Catholic Schedule

Scrimmage Cooper at Newport 8/12/11 6PM

Dixie away 8/19/11 7PM

McNicholas at Nippert(UC) 8/27/11 5:30PM ?

Campbell County at Newport 9/2/11 7PM

BYE 9/9/11

Simon Kenton away 9/16/11 7PM

Brossart at Newport 9/23/11 7PM

Holmes At Newport 9/30/11 7PM

Lloyd away 10/7/11 7PM

Newport At Newport 10/14/11 7PM

Holy Cross At Newport 10/22/11 7PM

Beechwood away 10/28/11 7PM

As the overall year at NewCath shows, the class of 2011 was a very talented class. Perhaps the best since 1975 when they won 5 regional championships.

Having said that I think this years schedule is a very managable one. I see problems for them with Dixie, Sk and Beechwood. My guess is they will probably go 1-2 against that group. McNick I am not as familiar with, but what I hear is that they lost as much or more than NewCath did with their senior class.

I would agree if they go 8-2 or even 7-3 they will be one of the favorites in 2a. I don't think Campbell or Holmes will be as good as they were last year so I think they can definitely have that type of record when all is said and done.

I see New Cath this year being like Simon Kenton last year. A team that lost a lot being led by a very talented senior QB who is a winner. I will be very interested in seeing how the Breds develop this year. This is a big year for Coach Eviston to make his mark, even more than winning with last year's very talented group.

They will not be as bare as people think at the skill positions. They will have a ton to replace on the lines though.

Not quite a ton but 600lbs in Giesler and Gruenschlaeger. Hate not to have CovCath on the schedule this year.

I see New Cath this year being like Simon Kenton last year. A team that lost a lot being led by a very talented senior QB who is a winner. I will be very interested in seeing how the Breds develop this year. This is a big year for Coach Eviston to make his mark, even more than winning with last year's very talented group.

Nice comparison. Both lost very good linemen but NCC has a pretty athletic QB returning.

Is the hard-ballin' Andy "killer" Miller considering a return to the gridiron? A VERY good well rounded athelete that can QB, WR, S, K/P... heck with his frame filled out he could be a pretty fair LB!

Is the hard-ballin' Andy "killer" Miller considering a return to the gridiron? A VERY good well rounded athelete that can QB, WR, S, K/P... heck with his frame filled out he could be a pretty fair LB!

He would be a very good target for Brady

I would think Andy is comfortable with his choice of fall sports and will stay with a pretty good golf team this season. Although losing Geisler and Gruenschlaeger will leave a hole, NewCath will have a solid line to work with. They will have Evan Morse returning from his late season knee injury, Martin, Thacker, Rust and Birkenhauer all returning. That has the making of a pretty solid line.