What is the time of year to visit your town?

ram95

You aint lived life to it's fullest until you visit "The Nibroc Festival" down here in Corbin.

3W,

Did you know that the Chicken Festival was supposed to be in Corbin but due to NIBROC they held it in London. I was reading on the site and they said it was started due to the first KFC and Lee's being in Corbin. Have you heard that?

Originally posted by WILDMAN

3W,

Did you know that the Chicken Festival was supposed to be in Corbin but due to NIBROC they held it in London. I was reading on the site and they said it was started due to the first KFC and Lee's being in Corbin. Have you heard that?

I had never heard that, but the original KFC is actually inside Laurel County limits, it is just right in the middle of the tri-county area I guess. I'm not sure about the Lee's all I know is that the one in Corbin has a buffet bar and the one in London does not, therefore I like the one in Corbin;)

Originally posted by 3wishes

I had never heard that, but the original KFC is actually inside Laurel County limits, it is just right in the middle of the tri-county area I guess. I'm not sure about the Lee's all I know is that the one in Corbin has a buffet bar and the one in London does not, therefore I like the one in Corbin;)

That is true, I would leave class to go eat at the one in London and be pretty po'd about the buffet bar. As for the KFC, you are right it is in the Laurel County part of Corbin. I live on the Laurel/Knox line and get confused myself as to what county I live in half the time. I wish they would just go ahead and annex London into Corbin and make it CORLON Co. It gets confusing around here.