Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier Streak Reaches 80

Featured Replies

I'm sure guys like Jay Canty, Jordan Latham and Brian Walsh would have loved to have the chance to get there...

  • Author
Maybe because student-athletes graduate at a much higher rate than the general student body.

 

While you are correct there are two issues with the above: 1. the overall rate is not that high and 2. it's even lower for basketball. Your stat gets a big bump from sports like tennis, volleyball, gymnastics, golf, etc.

  • Author
I'm sure guys like Jay Canty, Jordan Latham and Brian Walsh would have loved to have the chance to get there...

 

I was wrong. I figured it would be somewhere in the first 10 posts that you would chime in with a shot.

 

Those guys are not there because of basketball. It's unfortunate and a bit disturbing that kids can essentially be ran off but it is the state of the game.

 

Any UC stats for us? Is VOR right that schools like UC have had 80 in a row or 90% of their 4 year players? As HSSRB and I were saying last night it's quite sad that X is in the minority in this area.

 

But you are correct. It's too bad academically for those 3. Their chance of getting a degree has decreased with their departure from X.

11 of 12 seniors have graduated under Cronin after this class finishes up. Only one that didn't was from the first JUCO dominated class...

  • Author
11 of 12 seniors have graduated under Cronin after this class finishes up. Only one that didn't was from the first JUCO dominated class...

 

Impressive. Nice job by Mick.

That is great for both UC and X but I would like to see where these numbers compare to others. I tried to find it but I don't think that is something easy to research.

11 of 12 seniors have graduated under Cronin after this class finishes up. Only one that didn't was from the first JUCO dominated class...

 

Thanks for some added confirmation. 92% for UC in a small sample. Do you know what it is over the past 15-20 years at UC? I am going to stick by my guess and say nearly every school is at 90% or more until I see stats that say otherwise. Nevertheless, 80 in a row is very impressive for XU.

Actually it would be 12 of 13 if you count Kenny Belton who finished in 4 years after a medical hardship was granted because of a back injury. He stayed on campus under scholarship and either just graduated after winter quarter or will in June...

Thanks for some added confirmation. 92% for UC in a small sample. Do you know what it is over the past 15-20 years at UC? I am going to stick by my guess and say nearly every school is at 90% or more until I see stats that say otherwise. Nevertheless, 80 in a row is very impressive for XU.

 

Don't know the exact numbers, but I know James White and Jihad Muhammad did not graduate on time during the mess that was the one year under Andy Kennedy. Can't think of any others that didn't graduate as seniors...

  • Author

APR scores out.

 

4 yr avg

 

UC 992

XU 980

UK 974 (tied for 1st in SEC)

UL 965

APR scores out.

 

4 yr avg

 

UC 992

XU 980

UK 974 (tied for 1st in SEC)

UL 965

 

Do not send that info to Bobby Knight. I wouldn't want the old codger hurling a chair or shooting someone.

Do not send that info to Bobby Knight. I wouldn't want the old codger hurling a chair or shooting someone.

 

He was gonna do that anyway.

  • Author

The streak continues. 4 more this year.

 

84 in a row.

  • Author
The streak continues. 4 more this year.

 

84 in a row.

 

I attended XU's graduation ceremony Saturday. Good to see that Tu, Kenny, Travis Taylor, Redford, and Lyons all graduated. As you can imagine it wasn't hard to pick Kenny out of the crowd. Neither Redford nor Lyons attended the ceremony.

 

I may be wrong on my count. Someone said it's upto about 87 in a row.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.