Harrison County 8 Beechwood 5

Pretty typical of Beechwood to try and find an excuse. Maybe if they scheduled and played teams that they were not going to beat by double digits everyday they would be prepared to compete in close games against good teams.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first base coach said, "if it makes you all feel any better, you just beat a JV pitcher." The head coach of Beechwood went and talked to the catcher before Shane Fowler of Harrison batted, the first two pitches he saw were high and tight. I see that as he was told to throw at the batter. Also, Harrison County is a team with a lot of class, as Coach Whitaker would never let that happen.

Who was the JV pitcher?

Pretty typical of Beechwood to try and find an excuse. Maybe if they scheduled and played teams that they were not going to beat by double digits everyday they would be prepared to compete in close games against good teams.

Bored again I see Walrus. BW does not need an excuse and they do not hide from anyone. You want to play them, find a mutual date and they will travel. I am curious to what happened for you to constantly bash them? If you looked at the schedule and knew anything about teams through out the state maybe you could see they have played some very good teams. HC beat Greenup Co. 10-7. BW just got hot at the plate last night. Greenup is not a bad team. They are not as good as the teams that have went to sate the last few years.

Edited by Coachg13207

Matt Brennan pitched very good for BW. I believe Martin started for HC. Number 11 came in to pitch in the 5th. Cody Gohs put BW up 5-3 with a 2 run single in the 5th. I do not keep a book and I am drawing a blank at the moment. Fowler hit a 365 (estimate) home run to center. The HC catcher (I think) hit a 3 run HR (About 325) to left to put HC up 8-5. This is all I have right now.

Need to thank the umpires for that one Hilltopper.

I was listening to the game on the radio and it sounded as if Beechwood needed some cheese to go with their whine. A quote from Thorobreds play by play man, the old saying of Manny being Manny and Beechwood arguing and then throwing at Fowler was just Beechwood being Beechwood. Umpires don't win and lose games for you, they may miss a call here and there, but you have to make the plays and overcome any calls that you don't agree with to win games. The umpire must have thought they were throwing at Fowler or he wouldn't have approached Coach Meyerhoff. The catcher had no business running his mouth at all and probably should have been tossed. Harrison is improving, but still will not be the team they could have been had Logan Dailey and Ryan Durbin not been injured for their Senior years on the mound. Good luck to Coach Whitaker (A Class Act and best coach in the State of Kentucky) and the rest of the Thorobreds!

Beechwood schedule

Mar 24, 11 Scott home 12 - 2 (W) (six innings)

Mar 25, 11 Barren County at Nelson County 15 - 4 (W) (5 innings)

Mar 26, 11 Nelson County away 13 - 5 (W)

Mar 26, 11 Breckinridge County 4 - 6 (L)

Mar 28, 11 Newport home 10 - 8 (W)

Mar 29, 11 Campbell County home 10 - 11 (L)

Apr 1, 11 Dixie Heights home 7 - 5 (W)

Apr 2, 11 Newport at Bellevue 5 - 0 (W) Jim Dougherty Memorial Tournament

Apr 2, 11 Carroll County at Bellevue 10 - 0 (W) Jim Dougherty Memorial Tournament

Apr 3, 11 Trinity (Whitesville) at Bellevue 10 - 0 (W) Jim Dougherty Memorial Tournament

Apr 3, 11 Walton-Verona at Bellevue 14 - 2 (W) Jim Dougherty Memorial Tournament

(5 innings)(championship)

Apr 7, 11 Ashland Blazer at East Carter 11 - 1 (W) Foothills Hardball Classic

Apr 8, 11 Russell at East Carter 16 - 10 (W) Foothills Hardball Classic

(6 innings-rain)

Apr 8, 11 East Carter away 6 - 5 (W) Foothills Hardball Classic

Apr 13, 11 Lloyd Memorial 6 - 1 (W) 9th Region All "A" Classic

Apr 16, 11 Newport Central Catholic at Champion Windows Field 5 - 8 (L) 9th Region All "A" Classic

(championship)

Apr 18, 11 Ludlow away 22 - 1 (W) (5 innings)

Apr 18, 11 Silver Grove away 13 - 0 (W) (5 innings)

Apr 23, 11 Highlands 0 - 0 )

Apr 25, 11 Holy Cross (Covington) home 0 - 0 )

Apr 26, 11 Calvary Christian home

Apr 27, 11 Cooper away 0 - 0 )

Apr 29, 11 Greenup County at Harrison County 24 - 4 (W) Harrison Memorial Hospital - McDonald's Classic

Apr 30, 11 Newport Central Catholic at Harrison County 14 - 5 (W) Harrison Memorial Hospital - McDonald's Classic

Apr 30, 11 Harrison County away 5 - 8 (L) Harrison Memorial Hospital - McDonald's Classic

May 2, 11 Dayton away 5:00 PM

May 3, 11 Holmes home 5:00 PM

May 4, 11 Bellevue away 5:00 PM

May 6, 11 Conner home 5:00 PM

May 7, 11 Villa Madonna away 10:00 AM

May 7, 11 Covington Catholic home 12:00 PM

May 9, 11 Boone County away 5:00 PM

May 10, 11 Newport Central Catholic away 5:00 PM

May 11, 11 St. Henry home 5:00 PM

May 17, 11 Simon Kenton away 7:00 PM

May 19, 11 Walton-Verona away 5:00 PM

May 20, 11 Newport away 5:00 PM

May 21, 11 Ryle home 11:00 AM

Looks like they travel the whole state and play everywhere. What is wrong the schedule?

I guess we'll see in the last 3 weeks when they play Cov Cath, Boone, NCC, Ryle. And not judge them by Dayton, Holmes, Bellevue, Villa Madonna, St. Henry, WV, and Newport.

I was listening to the game on the radio and it sounded as if Beechwood needed some cheese to go with their whine. A quote from Thorobreds play by play man, the old saying of Manny being Manny and Beechwood arguing and then throwing at Fowler was just Beechwood being Beechwood. Umpires don't win and lose games for you, they may miss a call here and there, but you have to make the plays and overcome any calls that you don't agree with to win games. The umpire must have thought they were throwing at Fowler or he wouldn't have approached Coach Meyerhoff. The catcher had no business running his mouth at all and probably should have been tossed. Harrison is improving, but still will not be the team they could have been had Logan Dailey and Ryan Durbin not been injured for their Senior years on the mound. Good luck to Coach Whitaker (A Class Act and best coach in the State of Kentucky) and the rest of the Thorobreds!

It's very classy to call time, go talk to your pitcher and stare down your 17 year old third baseman for 5 minutes. There have been plenty of people who talk about years past when an opposing player hit a home run and he was plunked the next at bat. And it's also class when in '06 BW beat HC down in Cynthiana in same tourney and Whitaker was supposed to hand out trophies but instead jumped on his motorcycle and left the field before postgame ceremonies. I guess that's class where you come from.

It's very classy to call time, go talk to your pitcher and stare down your 17 year old third baseman for 5 minutes. There have been plenty of people who talk about years past when an opposing player hit a home run and he was plunked the next at bat. And it's also class when in '06 BW beat HC down in Cynthiana in same tourney and Whitaker was supposed to hand out trophies but instead jumped on his motorcycle and left the field before postgame ceremonies. I guess that's class where you come from.

Staring at a 17 year old or trying to hit a 17 year old with a baseball...which one isn't classy again?

By the way, when did Coach Whitaker get a motorcycle?

Congrats to the Breds on extending a now 8 game winning streak.

Coach Whitaker is the type of coach that if you do something wrong your going to get chewed out. There's a saying that if it's not broke then don't fix it. He's not the National Coach of the year for no reason.