Tuscaloosa "obliterated" by tornado

Zoot Soup

Just got on here. My sister and family lost their home. My neice who lives close cannot get thru. She got word her mom my sister is OK. She is in shock. Her text messages were all I had to go by. They live about 30 miles east of Birmingham. Other relatives west of Huntsville are OK.

I watched on the weather channel as it left Tuscaloosa and headed to B-ham and gave updates by text because they had already lost power. These storms are still moving northeast. Its like a horrible nightmare and I feel for those who lost their loved ones. Mississipi/Arkansas/Georgia also have been struck. And as of 11:25 its still powerfull storm in Georgia.

I just couldn't imagine. I feel so helpless.

Prayers for your family and friends as well as you AL, God Bless my friend.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a direct hit to my sister's area. Several neighbors have lost their lives including a baby and its Mom is missing. My family was in a ditch and covering each other and only have a few minor injuries. The area is small but a close one as they are finding shelter for people. I've yet to have spoken to her and its approaching noon. I feel so relieved that they are safe, but there is a huge sadness for people who have lost someone.

I've had several calls from other relatives wanting to go and help rebuild, even today and go, and my Brother-In-Law a preacher at a small church called him wanting to help my sister's family. The church is in Illinois. I couldn't even reply to him.

All my kids are in Alabama... Birmingham, Auburn and Huntsville. Huntsville is without power at the University, but the others fared well. I feel very fortunate, and my heart goes out to those who weren't.

It was a direct hit to my sister's area. Several neighbors have lost their lives including a baby and its Mom is missing. My family was in a ditch and covering each other and only have a few minor injuries. The area is small but a close one as they are finding shelter for people. I've yet to have spoken to her and its approaching noon. I feel so relieved that they are safe, but there is a huge sadness for people who have lost someone.

I've had several calls from other relatives wanting to go and help rebuild, even today and go, and my Brother-In-Law a preacher at a small church called him wanting to help my sister's family. The church is in Illinois. I couldn't even reply to him.

e

AL, my prayers are with your family, and with all the families. The loss of life is tragic, and the survivors have such devastation to get through. A girl I work with is from Tuscaloosa. Her entire family lives there, and she's hoping to hear from everyone at some point. But, thankfully, she thinks that everyone is OK.