Ryan Harrow to UK, It is official

Clyde

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentucky men's basketball coach John Calipari has lined up another top point guard. But UK fans will have to wait until 2012-13 for this one.

North Carolina State transfer Ryan Harrow told Scout.com Wednesday night that he has picked Kentucky.

"I just felt like they had everything that I needed as far as me getting better and me reaching my ultimate goals," Harrow told the Web site, referring to Calipari's string of high draft picks at the point guard position.

Harrow averaged 9.3 points and 3.3 assists as a freshman at N.C. State. He chose UK over Georgia, Louisville and Texas, according to Scout.

Harrow will have to sit out the 2011-12 season and will have three years of eligibility at UK.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/05/26/1753172/point-guard-harrow-picks-kentucky.html#ixzz1NS7x28hX

We needed Harrow to play and be eligible for 2011-2012 season but I'm a happy we got him for 2012-2013 season!

Go Big Blue!

How were you expecting that to happen?

Why was he "needed"? They have the consensus #1 or #2 team in the country this coming season.