Ft. Thomas Resident Killed in Afghanistan (The Funeral)

Birdsfan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts and prayers for the family. Rest in peace Brandon and thank you for your sacrifice. You are a true hero.

This thread was tough to open with one of my best friends as well as my girlfriend's brother both having been deployed to Afghanistan in February. I pray every day that God keeps them and all our armed services safe and sound.

Thoughts and prayers for the family. Rest in peace Brandon and thank you for your sacrifice. You are a true hero.

This thread was tough to open with one of my best friends as well as my girlfriend's brother both having been deployed to Afghanistan in February. I pray every day that God keeps them and all our armed services safe and sound.

I have a very close friend in Afghanistan as well...left in January.

It now appears that the reports (I heard it on Ch. 12,) of his passing were incorrect. He was taken off life support, but -- as of the time of the last message -- is still hanging on to life. I'll post more information as it's given out by people close to the situation.

The TV news is now reporting that the Pentagon has confirmed Pvt. Pickering's death. He was part of a convoy that was ambushed by small arms fire and RPGs. He was a member of the 10th Mt. Division. Funeral arrangements have not been announced.

Thanks, BF.

Will there be a procession to the school?

Haven't heard, but I suspect there will be some kind of processional. Here's a bit more (From Fox 19) about the plans:

This service will give family, friends and the Fort Thomas community an opportunity to pay their respects. It is very likely that formal services will not take place for a couple weeks as there may be services at bases where Brandon was stationed.

Brandon died, a hero to his country. But he will live on as a superhero to at least six people and their grateful families. Six of Brandon's organs were donated to desperate patients waiting for a miracle -- one, a six-year-old girl.

I just learned that he is the step-son of an old high school friend (and relative), Mike Moore. It was so sad to watch him talking about Brandon on the news tonight.

The visitation will be held this Thursday from 5-8 PM at the Ft.Thomas Mess Hall. The funeral will be held 10 AM Friday, at the Bank of Kentucky Center on the NKU campus.

Edited by Birdsfan