Cavaliers 102 Heat 90

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, $160 VIP tickets were still on sale last week. I just couldn't find the stones to ask to leave for 2 days from student teaching. I get two days, but I would have felt awful. :thumb:

Yeah, I hear you. Says a lot to your character and dedication to your job and expectations. That's commendable. You'll be rewarded with a better opportunity one day in your future.

What a baby. Though I cannot say I am fully shocked. Good thing this one was not nationally televised.

How many players in the NBA travel with two cars worth of an entourage to shoot arounds? I honestly do not know the answer. I would not let swarms of people in to my arena unless they were paid staff of the other team's organization.

Does anyone think LeBron should have been allowed to roll into the garage with two cars full of barnacles?

They let him do it for 10 years and the previous Heat game in Cleveland. If he wouldn't be allowed to do so they could have let him know. Instead this seems like a vindictive move by Dan Gilbert, IMO.

The tweet by Gilbert after the game shows his vindictive attitude.

They let him do it for 10 years and the previous Heat game in Cleveland. If he wouldn't be allowed to do so they could have let him know. Instead this seems like a vindictive move by Dan Gilbert, IMO.

I agree. Had he not let them in two months ago, I would understand a little more. Still a baby with his response to it all. LeBron's tweet after the Cavs were blown out by the Lakers a couple months ago was a low blow and this was Gilbert's response last night. They are about two of a kind.

I don't doubt that Gilbert is being vindictive. And I don't blame him. I am more surprised that he let LeBron roll in like that the first time they played. I also don't see any reason to let LeBron know ahead of time. Big difference allowing one of your own players some leeway with this versus and opposing player, so what happened for 12 years doesn't matter.

The one caveat I have is how do they handle this with other players on opposing teams? Is it common in the league to allow visting players to bring their barnacle caravan to the arena? If yes, then Gilbert should treat LeBron the same way he treats other opposing players.

I agree. Had he not let them in two months ago, I would understand a little more. Still a baby with his response to it all. LeBron's tweet after the Cavs were blown out by the Lakers a couple months ago was a low blow and this was Gilbert's response last night. They are about two of a kind.

Yes they are. For once I would like to see one of them act like a man about things. They are both petty and too old to be acting like little kids. LeBron not coming out for intros is not a good look at all, IMO. It's like they are in a petty war to one up each other in absurdity.

I don't doubt that Gilbert is being vindictive. And I don't blame him. I am more surprised that he let LeBron roll in like that the first time they played. I also don't see any reason to let LeBron know ahead of time. Big difference allowing one of your own players some leeway with this versus and opposing player, so what happened for 12 years doesn't matter.

The one caveat I have is how do they handle this with other players on opposing teams? Is it common in the league to allow visting players to bring their barnacle caravan to the arena? If yes, then Gilbert should treat LeBron the same way he treats other opposing players.

I do agree. I just think the drama could have been avoided by Gilbert being a man and telling LeBron...look, I know you bring 2 cars to every game but not today or ever again.... and this all could have been avoided. If I am in the Heat organization Dan Gilbert would be reported for impeding my player's arrival to our scheduled shootaround. Gilbert knows how LeBron travels and each person in those cars. He could have handled it better. Yet they both choose to act like middle school aged children.

I do think LeBron is the only person who was ever granted that leeway in Cleveland. Partly because most(like 99%) visiting players arrive by bus with the team. I think that is when the words "past practices" come into play. They let those same people in before in the same situations....why not today?

Like I said earlier, I really don't care one way or the other. I just think it could have been avoided if Gilbert would have let them know ahead of time. It just comes off to me like Gilbert couldn't wait to deny them entry. They both need to grow up and move on. The rivalry will be there regardless.

I just do not think either one of them get it. Each could benefit from just remaining quiet and letting the other person's actions speak for themselves. Not going to happen. It is like they want to top one another for being the biggest baby.

Yeah, I hear you. Says a lot to your character and dedication to your job and expectations. That's commendable. You'll be rewarded with a better opportunity one day in your future.

:thumb: The school I'm student teaching at is great, so I have to suck up all I can. I'm not missing a day, I even go to the meetings I don't have to attend. I've never been a suck up kind of guy, but when we're talking career, I guess it never hurts to brown nose a little bit :D.