Clark County 63 Harrison County 53

In the prediction thread I said it would be closer than most were saying. We only beat Harrison Co by 18 in regular season. Did the Cards play well tonight...no. But it is a win and I will take it.

Hats off to Harrison Co. Man where they boming 3's there for awhile. Would like to know how many they made tonight.

Harrison was 7 for 17 and Clark was 6 for 17 from the three point line.

This game makes me think even more that Mason pulls the upset again.

^Gee - there is a big surprise statement.......

Mason needs to focus on Pendleton and GRC needs to focus on Scott. Not on Monday night....

Harrison was on fire with the 3's tonight. They came to play from the open tip-off.

GRC will adjust for Scott tomorrow night. If they want to play another day................

Harrison has some great young players. They also shoot the 3 ball very well. Clark Co's downfall willl be its defense. Championships are not won with average defense and that is exactly what they play.

Clark County advances to 10th Region semifinals

The Cards scored the first seven points of the game and outscored the Thorobreds 14-2 in the first four minutes. Clark stretched the margin to 30-16 in the second quarter before Harrison County staged a comeback attempt in the last two minutes of the half.

Thorobreds guard Jordan Stubbs connected on three straight shots from long range, including one at the buzzer that narrowed the margin to 35-27 at the break. Stubbs led all scorers with 14 points in the first half and finished with a game-high 23. Stubbs connected on all seven of his team’s shots from long range.

Clark guard Robbie Stenzel connected on three treys and paced Clark with nine points in the first two quarters. Stenzel made four of his team’s six shots from long range and finished with 16 points.

Harrison pulled to with 37-30 on a trey by Stubbs with six minutes left in the third quarter, but Clark scored five in a row and extended the lead to 42-32, before Harrison staged one last rally in the final eight minutes.

Clark 20 15 14 14 - 63

Harrison 10 17 07 19 - 53

CLARK (27-5) – Daniel 20, B. Stenzel 5, R. Stenzel 16, Martin 3, Purvis 3, Zollo 7, Rogers 9.

HARRISON (15-16) – Slucher 1, Wagner 6, Gross 4, Sanders 4, Stubbs 23, Ford 15.

http://www.centralkynews.com/winchestersun/sports/ws-clark-county-advances-to-10th-region-semifinals-20110305,0,4149873.story

Harrison has some great young players. They also shoot the 3 ball very well. Clark Co's downfall willl be its defense. Championships are not won with average defense and that is exactly what they play.

I agree, and to play above average defense it will require playing a lot harder than they did last night. Harrison ran the little weave out on top last night especially late in the 4 quarter and got to the rim at will. Harrison County will be a tough out of their district next year, and will be in a position to make some noise in the region. Those kids play hard, shoot it well, and are well coached.

Pictures from the game:

Not much in the Maysville paper today concerning the Harrison Co vs Clark Co game . Pretty poor coverage and a pretty bad write up with no individual scoring. I take the Ledger -Independent and opened it to find very little about the game. It seems to me that as big as the Regional Tournament is that they would have full coverage of each and every game. I know that a lot of people have a great interest in the tournament. Also I would make the suggestion that when you make the edition up for the tournament with all the teams ,publish the names under the picture so you can tell ,who is who. Some send shirt numbers to identify with on the roster and some don't. Take this as constructive criticism.