Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mississippi 68 Alabama 63

Featured Replies

Tough loss for Bama on the road...

 

Fouls

Bama 27

Rebels 17

 

Free Throws

Bama 10-16

Rebels 27-34

 

The Rebels improve to 18-11 (6-8)

The Crimson Tide fall to 19-9 (11-3)

Maybe Ole Miss isn't completely awful at their home.

Bama had a eleven point lead in the second half, couldn't score a basker to save their grandma's life. I turned and watched the Cats/Gators. I saw where the Ole Miss folks left when we had the 11 point lead.

Good win. Anthony Grant definitely hurt his team in this one. Ole Miss was up 1 with 2 minutes to go and got fouled on a rebound Grant proceeds to get a technical. Ole Miss hits 3 of the four free throws and a one point lead is four. Bama never recovered. Alabama looked really sloppy most of the day though, Ole Miss used speed to get to the basket and draw a lot of fouls.

Also Bama got a phantom timeout without possession of the ball, which you need to call a t.o..

HT, we looked good at times, but like I said I don't think we scored many baskets after the half. At one time it was 55-50 Bama. We scored nine points why the Rebels kept hitting some free throws, ugly game by both teams. But we were uglier.

 

On the TO was it a dead ball? I might have left the game by then.

HT, we looked good at times, but like I said I don't think we scored many baskets after the half. At one time it was 55-50 Bama. We scored nine points why the Rebels kept hitting some free throws, ugly game by both teams. But we were uglier.

 

On the TO was it a dead ball? I might have left the game by then.

 

The dead ball was a loose ball scramble it slipped out of Bama's hands was flying in the air and Grant gets a TO from a ref on the baseline with the ball about 5 feet from any player. It was a sloppy game by both though. Bama needs some confidence on the jump shot. Ole Miss packed the zone in and Bama refused to shoot the 3 unless they were open for 5 seconds before they pulled up.

I forgot to add, I saw the Coaches actions on the sideline and I agree he hurt his team, but I think he was trying to do something to help since he cannot play. The call wasn't a bad one that he got upset on. If we make the NCAAS I don't see us going very far, decent inside play, but you got to have a outside score at some point.

  • Author
Also Bama got a phantom timeout without possession of the ball, which you need to call a t.o..

 

Same thing happened in the 1st half for Ole Miss...both were in front of the teams' benches.

Do you think Chris Warren walked on that feed for the dunk in the last few seconds? Where I was watching the viewers were split 50/50.

Do you think Chris Warren walked on that feed for the dunk in the last few seconds? Where I was watching the viewers were split 50/50.

 

No idea I was just going nuts after it went in. I give him the benefit of the doubt though. If it was T. Henry I would say ya he probably did.

Maybe not as bad a loss as some might think. Mississippi's RPI is actually better than Bama's. However, Alabama can't afford to lose to anyone if they want to make the tourney.

I agree witht the Voice, if both teams don't do well in the SEC, its the NIT for them both. That would mean no team from the SEC West gets in.

Larry, maybe there is still hope for your boys. Joe Lunardi's last four in just went up on ESPN and he has Alabama as one of his last four in as of today.

Larry, maybe there is still hope for your boys. Joe Lunardi's last four in just went up on ESPN and he has Alabama as one of his last four in as of today.

 

Lunardi's rules guarantee the team with the best conference record a spot in his regular season rankings. If Bama wins these last two they have a shot, but they need to probably win at least 3 more to have some hope. They just don't have many RPI top 100 wins and several below top 100 losses.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.