Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 54 Conner 32

Featured Replies

Agree that Stauffer played great and was the difference in the game. But where was the effort from Conner in the second half? (Ryle 34 to 11 in the second half)

 

The third quarter has been their worst enemy all year. Conner somehow manages to make every wrong adjustment at half time.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you point to the players or the coach when effort is not there?

 

I may hate my coach. My parents may hate my coach. I might think he's an imbecile and that he doesn't know a hedge from a lettuce wedge.

 

If I don't show effort, though, that's 100% ENTIRELY on me.

Conner somehow manages to make every wrong adjustment at half time.

 

I wasn't there. What adjustments did they make that failed or that they failed to make?

IMO Player were not properly utilized. Hodges saw very limited minutes in the second half. He could have been a serious mismatch, but I don't believe he was properly instructed on what was needed from him. I beleive it is the coaches job to motivate the players. If a player isn't performing, by all means take him out. But make sure you coach him as to what he needs to do and get him back in. Hodges was too good to be sitting.

I may hate my coach. My parents may hate my coach. I might think he's an imbecile and that he doesn't know a hedge from a lettuce wedge.

 

If I don't show effort, though, that's 100% ENTIRELY on me.

 

I guess we see that differently as I have always felt that effort was demanded by the coach or the players get to pick splinters. So, all 5 players should be giving maximum team-oriented effort at all times or I blame the coach. Lots of selfish shot selection in the second half for the Cougars and certainly showed no hunger to win.

This season should be considered a failure by the coaching staff. It is the coaches job to demand effort and to motivate and to put his team in positions to win. Too many times this year the Cougars were not there. The coach is in charge and therefor is responsible when the team fails. Especially to this extent. What would Trump do?

This season should be considered a failure by the coaching staff.

 

My guess is that Jim agrees with you.

 

I'll parse my words and just say that this team lacked the right talent.

 

It also proves what I've said for many years. Pre-season coaches polls are worthless and done with very little thought.

Very poor second half performance by the Cougars. Congrats to the Ryle team and Coach Mullins on advancing. Bobby Stauffer is a stud. I will argue with anyone who disagrees. Todd Vollet is one of the most under appreciated players in NKY. He does the dirty work that can easily go unnoticed. He has quick hands, can hit the jumper, and is always in the right place for a big board. I wish them the best.

As a Conner fan. I can only say that it is very sadening for the 7 seniors. I know for a fact that they wanted to win that game. Effort and execution are too different things. They failed to execute and not until they were down 20 with 4 minutes left did i see lack of effort. Conner got a good game from Taylor Miller who has been a question mark this year and split alot of minutes with several other guys. Brandon Ernstes played hard. He is a football player playing basketball. He does what he can and plays with heart. Jacob Flesch played hard. He saw every lane cut off after he lit the Raiders up for 18 last game. They focused on stopping his penetration. Clay Robinson played hard. He is not the banger that Bobby is and his shot wasn't as on as it has been, but he has been Conner's only consistent scorer this year. Jordan Liechty continued to do what he does. He gets to the basket and draws fouls and then knocks down the free throws. Austin Way and Tyler Hodges both did what they could. Austin was undersized and couldn't get his shots to fall. When he is on he is a difference maker. Hodges didn't really get started in this one. I honestly feel like he should have started the game, but I am not the coach. Good luck in the future Cougars.

Where is my guy frmwaydwntwn1212? I would think that as a fan of Ryle he would be on here applauding the boys DESPITE his belief that Alan can't coach.

Where is my guy frmwaydwntwn1212? I would think that as a fan of Ryle he would be on here applauding the boys DESPITE his belief that Alan can't coach.

 

I thought that Alan coached well tonight and ran some nice plays out of timeouts. His kids played very hard and played totally unselfish basketball. The Raiders had a macho ugly second quarter but very good 1 and 3 periods. Kudos to Alan for outcoaching Coach Hicks for 3 straight years in the first round of districts. Good stuff!

Is Ryle now the District favorite?

How long has Coach HIcks been at Conner? It has to be tough coaching where you played. Did the creation of Cooper high school affect the talent level at Conner? How many of those players at Cooper would be playing for Conner right now??

Good win by the Raiders! I still say this team wins in spite of their coach. From the outside it may look like these kids play hard but I promise you that except for his son, the kids have a hard time playing for Allan. The thing that gets missed is he has perhaps the best player in the ninth region in Bobby Stauffer and a good amount of talent around him. There is also more talent sitting on the bench, but never sees the court. Allan plays favorites and will always be a mediocre coach in my opinion. He could win the district back to back but I, and others around the program, know this team and last year's team could do more.

Hats off to the Tristateinternetsports.com crew. I checked in for the first time ever tonight and enjoyed their broadcast.

 

Thanks much Clyde!!! A great night of Basketball from Cooper last night. Glad to be able to do those games live!!

My guess is that Jim agrees with you.

 

I'll parse my words and just say that this team lacked the right talent.

 

It also proves what I've said for many years. Pre-season coaches polls are worthless and done with very little thought.

 

The talent on this team was not properly utilized and became overshadowed by inability in the coaching staff. Gloves are off. The season is over for these boys. A better coach and Conner goes to regional. Most likely still as a favorite.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.