Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region 2011

Featured Replies

Campbell County is returning several players. They will go as far as their pitching takes them, as with anyone. One coming back from Tommy John. They should have as much or more speed than anyone in the 10th.

 

Does Kramer play baseball?

  • Replies 34
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kremer, yes, Starting catcher

Logan Dailey, Eric Sanders, Ryan Durbin, and Shane Fowler are all seniors that have talked to several colleges from Harrison County. Sophomore, Jordan Martin has had numerous colleges contact him already. Harrison should be a step ahead of other teams in the region but anything can happen.

Logan Dailey, Eric Sanders, Ryan Durbin, and Shane Fowler are all seniors that have talked to several colleges from Harrison County. Sophomore, Jordan Martin has had numerous colleges contact him already. Harrison should be a step ahead of other teams in the region but anything can happen.

 

Who is looking at Logan?

How much longer will he be there until colleges come calling for his services (if they already haven't)?

 

I think he would still pass on College Coaching. I can not say for sure, but I know that his name has been mentioned several times before for College positions. So, I'm not sure what he has been offered or even if he has had an offer. When he steps down at Harrison County he may scout or something or he may just walk away from it. I don't look for him to go in to College Baseball.

I agree with you here. They return 7 of their 9 everyday starters, including their top 4 hitters. A coaching change was desperately needed, and I'm looking forward to seeing what new head coach Josh Hamm can do with these kids.

 

Hamm, is that any relation to Darryl and Martha Hamm?

Hamm, is that any relation to Darryl and Martha Hamm?

 

I don't think so. Josh Hamm is a 2001 graduate from Harrison County and was a member of 2 State Championship teams while playing for Coach Mac Whitaker. He also played collge baseball at University of Cumberlands for Coach Shelton.

Harrison County is hands down the favorite to not only win the Regional but also State Tournament. I am rating Bourbon County a distant second because of Chase Mullins who is a stud when he is on. I would rank Clark County third but down from last year. Other than Harrison the Region is wide open and it's anyone's region to lose. Some of the players in the 10th region you need to watch out for is Logan Dailey, Chase Mullins, Logan Mcqueary, Jordan Martin, Same Lee,Blake Thomas and Chaz Newkirk,Tanner Combs,T.K Korb,Eric Sanders, Shane Fowler. Blake Thomas is probably the best freshman in the Region and Chase Mullins will be the best player in the Region hands down followed by Logan Mcqueary. I'm from Mason County and I assure you that Mason will be down this year and Scott High may be pretty good if they get the pitching. Montgomery County is young,talented and very Inexperienced and has no experienced pitchers other than Lee. They will have to score a ton of runs to beat Clark,Bourbon and Harrison County. Clark is talented with some experience with Mcqueary,Korb and pitching of Withrow could be a dangerous combination. I have talked to every coach in the region and these are the names I have received and expected to see in the headlines in the 10th region.

Mac Whitaker will hang up his cleats in the next couple of years. I have confirmed this through a very reliable source who wishes to remain unanimous but has spoken to Coach himself about this issue.

Harrison County is hands down the favorite to not only win the Regional but also State Tournament. I am rating Bourbon County a distant second because of Chase Mullins who is a stud when he is on. I would rank Clark County third but down from last year. Other than Harrison the Region is wide open and it's anyone's region to lose. Some of the players in the 10th region you need to watch out for is Logan Dailey, Chase Mullins, Logan Mcqueary, Jordan Martin, Same Lee,Blake Thomas and Chaz Newkirk,Tanner Combs,T.K Korb,Eric Sanders, Shane Fowler. Blake Thomas is probably the best freshman in the Region and Chase Mullins will be the best player in the Region hands down followed by Logan Mcqueary. I'm from Mason County and I assure you that Mason will be down this year and Scott High may be pretty good if they get the pitching. Montgomery County is young,talented and very Inexperienced and has no experienced pitchers other than Lee. They will have to score a ton of runs to beat Clark,Bourbon and Harrison County. Clark is talented with some experience with Mcqueary,Korb and pitching of Withrow could be a dangerous combination. I have talked to every coach in the region and these are the names I have received and expected to see in the headlines in the 10th region.

 

Montgomery Co. returns three pitchers other than Lee that threw in more than 20 plus innings. So I wouldn't say there is no experience.

 

Hobie Hall threw the second most innings for MC last year. 44 innings , 2 more than senior Potter and 5 less than senior Trey Combs.

Ben Gully threw 25 innings, fourth most on last years team.

Zach Curtis threw 22 innings, fifth most on last years team.

Sam Lee only threw 1 inning last year for MC. Now don't get me wrong by that statement, Lee can pitch and he does have plenty of experience, just not in the high school season, base runners beware!!!!. Lee will be one of the best outfielders and hitters (.436 as a freshman) in the 10th for the next three years, along with McQueary from GRC (love the kids approach at the plate).

 

If the kids mentioned above can work ahead in the count and reduce their BB MC will be OK in the pitching department.

I am only writing what I have been told by 10th Region Coaches. I would like to add that I don't know many of the players above other than a select few. Montgomery County is going to be a dark horse in the 10th Region if they can get out of the District. They would have to beat Clark County which is always possible but I don't see them beating Bourbon County especially if Mullins is on the mound. You can bet your last dollar that when it's District Tournament time Chase Mullins will be on the mound and if they can beat him I will get on here and admit that I was wrong. Montgomery County is very talented this year but I stick to the statement that they will go as far as the pitching will take them. Montgomery County has one of the better coaches in the Region in Coach Combs and it was a pleasant conversation we had about his team. He knows they are young but talented. Harrison is State contenders every year so I don't see anyone beating them unless it's Bourbon County and Chase Mullins who will go into the MLB Draft or play at The University of Kentucky. I was pleasantly surprised at the Division 1 prospects in the 10th Region this year and for years to Come.

Chase Mullin's does not throw hard enough to get drafted out of high school.

Chase Mullins has been clocked at camps between 88-92 mph. If you don't think the MLB Scouts aren't drooling over him then you haven't seen him pitch enough. I talked to an UK asst coach last week and they love Chase Mullins but are scared he will be drafted in the top five rounds. If so he will never throw a pitch at UK. He pitched a no hitter in the Region last year if I'm not mistaken. Like I said Breds Fan Harrison County is going to win the Region. Chase Mullins can't pitch every game. Lets agree to disagree on this one. Bourbon County coach Nelson Faris is right behind Coach Whitaker as the best Coach in the 10th Region. I am going to watch the Breds and Bourbon County several times this year and I will keep everone updated.

I guess Campbell and Brossart moved to the 9.5th Region.

:sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.