Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL should get rid of the Pro Bowl!!!

Featured Replies

Also the prestige of the Pro Bowl has been devalued with the change of format. Less guys are likely to play in it with it being 2 weeks earlier, and obviously the 2 Superbowl teams have no reps. For heaven's sake, Vince Young and David Garrard were Pro Bowlers last year. There should be asterisks by the reserve guys.

 

I think the skills competition sounds ok in theory, but that will just be a dog and pony show that will get old fast. I would have that the night before or in the hours leading up to the Superbowl. Ratings show approximately 13.4 million viewers watched the Pro Bowl. For comparison's sake, the MLB All-Star game drew 12.1 million. People just love their football, no matter how terrible the product is.

The worst all-star type game of the major pro-sports. I think the best has to be the MLB all-star game.

 

I agree, if they play and with those rules then imo hav a 7 on 7 passing tournament and/or just play touch. One hand touch only,two hands would be to physical, :rolleyes:.

I also agree about the MLB all star game, imo any and all football all star games are a joke.

I agree, if they play and with those rules then imo hav a 7 on 7 passing tournament and/or just play touch. One hand touch only,two hands would be to physical, :rolleyes:.

I also agree about the MLB all star game, imo any and all football all star games are a joke.

 

Yeah that went over real well for Robert Edwards, (New England RB), back in 1999 during a flag football game on the beach. After rushing for over 1100 yards his rookie year he hurt his knee and never was the same player. I'm sure the player's union would squash anything like that again.

The worst all-star type game of the major pro-sports. I think the best has to be the MLB all-star game.

 

The only time NFL takes a back seat to baseball is at the all star game/ pro bowl...

The only time NFL takes a back seat to baseball is at the all star game/ pro bowl...

In product, not in viewership.

The pro bowl needs to get rid of stupid rules or just get rid of the game. I mean, no blitzing, no more than 4 DBs on the field at once, no press coverage, Heck put me in the shotgun and even my old potato arm can pass all over the place. The Pro Bowl Stinks, always has always will.

 

BTW,

No Bengals is fine, but I thought I saw three guys from Carolina! I think if you lose to the Bengals then you should get no pro bowlers, just a thought.

In product, not in viewership.

 

NFL has every sport beat in product and viewership, with the exception of the pro bowl.

Why they have it in Hawaii I'll never know, last year it was at the SB site and did a little better but it's still dumb. There is no marketing, advertising, build up, or anything to make people want to watch it. It's pretty pathetic that an all-star game could be so terrible.

 

I went to the game all four years that I was stationed in Pearl Harbor. I personally enjoyed the game and I think a couple of reasons why it is played in Hawaii are:

 

1. Hawaii does not now, nor will it ever be home to an NFL franchise; and

2. Pro Football is a popular sport there mainly because of all the military stationed there whose hometowns are all over the map.

 

For the first couple of months of the Pro Football season, NFL games started on Sunday at 7am and when daylight savings ended, they would start at 8am since Hawaii doesn't observe daylight savings.

I went to the game all four years that I was stationed in Pearl Harbor. I personally enjoyed the game and I think a couple of reasons why it is played in Hawaii are:

 

1. Hawaii does not now, nor will it ever be home to an NFL franchise; and

2. Pro Football is a popular sport there mainly because of all the military stationed there whose hometowns are all over the map.

 

For the first couple of months of the Pro Football season, NFL games started on Sunday at 7am and when daylight savings ended, they would start at 8am since Hawaii doesn't observe daylight savings.

Those are great reasons but you have to admit that the game just is not the same when you add all the silly rules

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.