108-3 I can't believe this continues to happen.

When a team only scores 3 points, what else can you do?

Seriously!

I guess the high shool 'shot clock' forces teams to score rather than slow the ball down. How about...slow the game down, walk the ball up the floor, and run through their offense a few times before scoring rather than demorilizing the opponent.

Seriously!

I guess the high shool 'shot clock' forces teams to score rather than slow the ball down. How about...slow the game down, walk the ball up the floor, and run through their offense a few times before scoring rather than demorilizing the opponent.

108 is a lot of points but would it be any better if the score was 80-3?

Everyone focuses on the team that scored 108 points. The focus should be on the team that gave up 108 AND only scored 3.

They probably should take a look at the team and who's coaching it before blaming the other team for the beat down. I agree with CC. Should they have stopped at 40? 50? 60? 70? What's the difference if they can't make more than 1 basket the entire game?

108 is a lot of points but would it be any better if the score was 80-3?

When I see only 1 3pt'er plus they had 24 steals...you can get a pretty clear picture of how the game went. Would it be better if it was 80-3? perhaps, they lost 70-0 a few weeks ago and it wasn't publicized ;)

It's okay to think differently CC. I personally wouldn't demorilize a team that's clearly much less talented and you would. We'll just agree to disagree. It's all good!

When I see only 1 3pt'er plus they had 24 steals...you can get a pretty clear picture of how the game went. Would it be better if it was 80-3? perhaps, they lost 70-0 a few weeks ago and it wasn't publicized ;)

It's okay to think differently CC. I personally wouldn't demorilize a team that's clearly much less talented and you would. We'll just agree to disagree. It's all good!

Let's not jump to conclusions. My goal is not to demoralize anyone. I think the score is outrageous, but what can you do? I'd assume the winning coach packed the defense into a 2-3 zone and played everyone on his bench.

Do you tell your girls not to rebound misses? Do you tell them not to catch passes when they're thrown their way? Do you tell them to pass until you turn the ball over?

A coach has multiple responsibilities, one which is to make the players on his/her team better. A game like this is a no-win situation for everyone involved. I'd suggest not scheduling the program, effective immediately, if possible.

Let's not jump to conclusions. My goal is not to demoralize anyone. I think the score is outrageous, but what can you do? I'd assume the winning coach packed the defense into a 2-3 zone and played everyone on his bench.

24 stls as a team and players with double digit stls makes me assume they didn't pack it in a 2/3 zone, but it's speculation.

Do you tell your girls not to rebound misses? Do you tell them not to catch passes when they're thrown their way? Do you tell them to pass until you turn the ball over?

Of course not, but you can tell them to rebound, let the opponent retreat to the other end, walk the ball up the floor, and run through your offense a couple of times before taking a shot (Hoosiers ring a bell).

A coach has multiple responsibilities, one which is to make the players on his/her team better. A game like this is a no-win situation for everyone involved. I'd suggest not scheduling the program, effective immediately, if possible.

Agree! they are scheduled again in a couple of weeks so we'll see what happens. After this dust settles, I bet they don't drop 100 on them next time.

The assumption/presumption that the winning team was classless doesn't always hold water. To think that, one must only know the perspective of having been on the short end of the stick in such situations. What if the coach actually displayed some mercy because it could have been a score of 142-6? If wwe must place blame, why not accuse the coach or AD of the clobbered team for abusing his/her team with unwise scheduling? Let's not rush to jump on the bash-the-winner bandwagon. Maybe they did run it up, but maybe not.

Sometimes coaches are presented with teaching opportunities. In this case the coach choose not to teach his players about class.

According to the story they are in the same district and must play again.

I had a similar situation when I was coaching. When we got up by 30 midway through the second quarter and it was apparent that the gap wasn't going to close, I allowed only my 8th and 9th players to shoot after ten passes. Not fair to the other seven players, maybe, but it was one game out of thirty five where they had many other opportunities.

According to the story they are in the same district and must play again.

I had a similar situation when I was coaching. When we got up by 30 midway through the second quarter and it was apparent that the gap wasn't going to close, I allowed only my 8th and 9th players to shoot after ten passes. Not fair to the other seven players, maybe, but it was one game out of thirty five where they had many other opportunities.

I think setting a number of mandatory passes is appropriate, so I'll commend you for that.

If you don't mind me asking, what grade were you coaching?