Ryle 54 Holmes 44

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two offensive goal tending calls on Holmes this game almost back to back possessions. They are the first I've seen this season.

And both of those calls were absolutely horrible. The first one, Rice never touched the ball. Heck, he didn't even touch the rim but because he was so far above everyone, the ref assumed he did.

The second one, the ball was already coming down off the rim when Peterson or Rice tipped it back in. The ref waits for it to go in then calls it offensive goaltending. The first one may have been close, but this one was good all day, every day. The Ryle fans in front of me even said that was a horrible call.

And both of those calls were absolutely horrible. The first one, Rice never touched the ball. Heck, he didn't even touch the rim but because he was so far above everyone, the ref assumed he did.

The second one, the ball was already coming down off the rim when Peterson or Rice tipped it back in. The ref waits for it to go in then calls it offensive goaltending. The first one may have been close, but this one was good all day, every day. The Ryle fans in front of me even said that was a horrible call.

What is the definition of offensive goal tending? situation one Holmes player touched the rim with his wrist and had hand over the basket but did not touch the ball. I was in a perfect viewing point. Second one the ball was out of the basket and tipped back in. The ref had a very difficult angle to see that one and had the first goal tending incident not just occured seconds earlier I don't think that one would have been called.

What is the definition of offensive goal tending? situation one Holmes player touched the rim with his wrist and had hand over the basket but did not touch the ball. I was in a perfect viewing point. .

Where was the ball when the rim was touched?

BI occurs when the rim is touched while the ball is on the rim .

Too close to call, I give this one to the ref. This is a good example of regardless of the call half the gym is going to be angry. Ref's earn their money.

So which is it? Come one Walter, you are better than that. The first was a no doubter, he completely grabbed the rim. Excellent call. The second the referee was in perfect position to make the call which was his to make and I think he got it right. How bout we go ahead and count those two baskets that you disagree with and say Holmes lost by 6! :thumb: