X/WC hopefully moved to WKU

TigerKat

I played there my Junior year and it is not capable of a games this size. The visitors bleachers are tiny and no restrooms hardly. What a joke the KHSAA has to have regional sites for the finals that are at colleges. They need to be neutral.

Well, we were going to bring in extra porta potties, but since you've been so negative, we'll just plat a few extra trees! :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we were going to bring in extra porta potties, but since you've been so negative, we'll just plat a few extra trees! :D

Hey John Hardin's Practice field did fine, Just pleas no "Country Boys Can Survive" Banners like in 1989.

If I was a WC coach, player, or fan. I would want to play at home. Playing at WKU would give adge to X. Their players have played on turf more often and in large stadiums. Its not always about the money, its about whats best for your team toward winning.

Good Luck to both teams.

What a terrible idea this has turned out to be. Bowling Green could've put on the "Showcase of the Year" by having a double header with Warren Central - St. X and Bowling Green - Bullitt East. Four of the best teams in the state playing on the same night - and with so much at stake! Not that this is going to happen anytime soon, but this blows any chance of Bowling Green/WKU holding the football championship games.

What a shame! :irked:

:thumb:

If I was a WC coach, player, or fan. I would want to play at home. Playing at WKU would give adge to X. Their players have played on turf more often and in large stadiums. Its not always about the money, its about whats best for your team toward winning.

Good Luck to both teams.

X didnt try and play the game at home last year when they had the chance. They moved it to better facilites at PJCS.

X didnt try and play the game at home last year when they had the chance. They moved it to better facilites at PJCS.

I'm just saying WC has a better chance of winning at home. Does WC still have the Dragon Fire win they score ?

X players are used to playing of turf and at the Pizza Box.

:flame:

I'm just saying WC has a better chance of winning at home. Does WC still have the Dragon Fire win they score ?

X players are used to playing of turf and at the Pizza Box.

:flame:

Since we already have this turf and Pizza Box experience, maybe it would be best for the Tigers to win so the West will have a better chance of being victorious over the East in the 4A final. Then again, if this game were played at WKU, then both Warren Central and X would have the turf experience and the Dragons, if victorious, would be turf-qualified representatives in the Pizza Box. :lol:

Since we already have this turf and Pizza Box experience, maybe it would be best for the Tigers to win so the West will have a better chance of being victorious over the East in the 4A final. Then again, if this game were played at WKU, then both Warren Central and X would have the turf experience and the Dragons, if victorious, would be turf-qualified representatives in the Pizza Box. :lol:

Good logic, I think a big crowd at WKU for 2 games would be great, I've heard though, that all participating teams are not interested in playing the games there. No facts known, just 2nd hand chatter.

:rolleyes:

I played there my Junior year and it is not capable of a games this size. The visitors bleachers are tiny and no restrooms hardly. What a joke the KHSAA has to have regional sites for the finals that are at colleges. They need to be neutral.

Normally these decisions are made well before the St. X factor comes into play. If things remain the same then maybe all the district, regional, state games can be played at the facility most suitable for St.X and their contingent. I can not believe that the X fans should be so put out in every playoff game they have to endure. I guess we will hear the New England Patriots lobby for all post season games to be played outdoors with snow,hot chocolate, coffee and hand warmers available to all. I hope you can hear how this sounds to all us less fortunate folks. :fire:

What a terrible idea this has turned out to be. Bowling Green could've put on the "Showcase of the Year" by having a double header with Warren Central - St. X and Bowling Green - Bullitt East. Four of the best teams in the state playing on the same night - and with so much at stake! Not that this is going to happen anytime soon, but this blows any chance of Bowling Green/WKU holding the football championship games.

What a shame! :irked:

:thumb:

It was a go on all fronts until Western raised their price to 10,000 and they keep concessions. With the forecast of Snow the schools did not want to chance a small crowd and eat the fee. Oh well, it will be fun going to the place where I lost in the same round. Revenge could be good.

It was a go on all fronts until Western raised their price to 10,000 and they keep concessions. With the forecast of Snow the schools did not want to chance a small crowd and eat the fee. Oh well, it will be fun going to the place where I lost in the same round. Revenge could be good.

Uh Oh! I hope that saying about history repeating itself isn't going to keep you up tonight. LOL!

Normally these decisions are made well before the St. X factor comes into play. If things remain the same then maybe all the district, regional, state games can be played at the facility most suitable for St.X and their contingent. I can not believe that the X fans should be so put out in every playoff game they have to endure. I guess we will hear the New England Patriots lobby for all post season games to be played outdoors with snow,hot chocolate, coffee and hand warmers available to all. I hope you can hear how this sounds to all us less fortunate folks. :fire:

I know, it is tough. Waking up early Thanksgiving mourning for that chilly practice is also a real pain. I guess going this deep in the playoffs does have its unpleasant moments.