Highlands 48 Walton Verona 40

I think Walton had a little bit of a let down from the class "A". But, Highlands made some very big plays. The game was back and forth for most of the game. Walton lead by 1 at half and the final score was the largest lead of the game. Schaeffer was a difference maker tonight. She hit some very big shots plus blocked at least two 3 point shots that would of been big if made. Walton did have an open 3 for a tie with about 30 seconds left, and then had to start fouling. Very impressed with Schaeffer and Conner for Highlands.

I think Walton had a little bit of a let down from the class "A". But, Highlands made some very big plays. The game was back and forth for most of the game. Walton lead by 1 at half and the final score was the largest lead of the game. Schaeffer was a difference maker tonight. She hit some very big shots plus blocked at least two 3 point shots that would of been big if made. Walton did have an open 3 for a tie with about 30 seconds left, and then had to start fouling. Very impressed with Schaeffer and Conner for Highlands.

What about the play of Jesse Daley? She scored in double figures and I would bet had double digit rebounds.

Another sophomore. Good size, with nice touch. Jesse is a physical player who also runs the floor well. She will have a very nice career at Highlands.

Does he play JV or varsity? I saw their JV team and thought there was some decent talent.