Lafayette 62 Mason County 60 OT

Looks like Lafayette had a few players quit, addition by subtraction. A few bad apples didn't spoil the applecart after all. You either support or you don't . With all the negative gone, Lafayette my be able to turn the corner. Talked to a few parents at the game, glad to move on and the kids not having to deal with the problems. Remember there is no i in team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No bad apples have left, just a couple of kids who got tired of a bad system....no offense, no roles on the team, and no leadership.....who wants to play for a team like that?? Lafayette will lose 20 games and there is no " I " in twenty!!

Actually, as a Mason County fan, I liked what I saw against Lafayette much more than against Madison Central. Yes, we are struggling and at this point, we have little chance of winning the region. However, we've been here before and there is still time for things to come together. The games in March are what really count.

Many questions. Why did Davis not play tonight for the Generals and was this their normal starting 5? Was impressed with Yarbrough and the Dakota Euton lookalike(forget the name). Why did Harris not play for Mason County and is Coach Moore still on the Mason County staff? Seemed odd to see him in the crowd sitting next to Coach Biggs:confused:
Moore hasn't coached since he went into adminstration position.Harris hurt his ankle the night before against M.C.Indians.Heard Davis and Chester had some type of problem at school,and had to sit,not sure how many games. Edited by Big Snappy

I knew you had to have a crystal ball...:D

As I stated above Lafayette was without players...see lasts nights Lafayette thread. As for Harris, think he sprang his ankle during the game.

I too would like to know the answer on the coaching staff?????

Harris never dressed for this game.Hurt his ankle in Friday nights game.Robert Moore hasn't coached for a couple seasons now.He went into administration position,and hasn't coached since.Hope this helps.

I have seen Mason Co play a lot of games in the past years and have followed this group of kids. I think Setty, Black, and Pawsat all are fine ball players but have always believed and said that Gilbert is the glue that holds that team together. He's a fine ball player , he can play defense, make that pass and can shoot and make good decisions.

I have seen Mason Co play a lot of games in the past years and have followed this group of kids. I think Setty, Black, and Pawsat all are fine ball players but have always believed and said that Gilbert is the glue that holds that team together. He's a fine ball player , he can play defense, make that pass and can shoot and make good decisions.

I agree.:thumb:

Mason is not a great team this year, plan and simple. They have had a successful run the past 10 years or so, but just cannot seem to find the right mixture of talent, balance and continuity. It is difficult to win one 10th Regional title, let alone 4 consecutive championships. To my knowledge, this has not been done by any team for several decades. This is GRC's year to close the deal, if they can get over the mental hurdle that seems to always hold them back. If Humphrey doesn't seal the deal this year, he should be sent packing. As far as the Royals are concerned, I am sure they will lace up the shoes and allow the chips to fall where they may. Good luck to both teams.