Rockcastle County 21 Bell County 0

swamprat

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockastle was really impressive tonight. Bell did not play well, but a lot of that can be given credit to Rock. Bell is also very young. There was 3 freshmen that started and 4 of them basically played the whole game on one side of the ball or the other. Bell is very young. I think Bell loses like 5 defensive starters and 4 offensive starters. The team had a great year, but Rock executed much better than Bell on Friday night.

A problem Bell had all year is not being able to run the football consistently against good teams. We passed a lot partially out of necessity. It really showed tonight. This should be a wakeup call to the O line and the returning backs that they have to bust their tails in the offseason in order to play with Rock next year.

Congrats to the seniors! They have a lot to be proud about. Players like Buckeye Hunter and Dustin Mason will definitly be missed.

Bell County came out and played awful ,I can't remember the last time Bell County was beat like this.

But I've said from day 1 that if your going to beat Bell County this was the season to beat them.

With all the good underclassman they have and a outstanding 7th and 8th grade teams it might be another 6 or 7 years before they lose another game to anyone from around here.

:jump:

Bell County came out and played awful ,I can't remember the last time Bell County was beat like this.

But I've said from day 1 that if your going to beat Bell County this was the season to beat them.

With all the good underclassman they have and a outstanding 7th and 8th grade teams it might be another 6 or 7 years before they lose another game to anyone from around here.

IMO, the best young talent is at Clay. No doubt. In the next couple of years, this district will flip 1-4!! :jump:

SouthEastBell - That post was very laughable. You give absoultely NO CREDIT to a young Rock team that came out and dominated Bell County, instead you just said they played awful. News Flash, Rock had a little something to do with that. Bell County had already had the game won at least from the fans perspective. Everyone had Log Mountain all built up to be some sort of shrine that no one can win at. Not only did Rock win there they shut Bell County out. All week people were mentioning matchups, "ole' Bell County played Knoxville Central tough, no way anyone from around here beats them."

Just to let you know about Rock, not too mention the other teams in the district or tri-county area but Rock had an undefeated freshmen team that outscored their opponents 310-26. The junior class was also undefeated. The 8th grade team has possibly the best QB and RB to ever grace the sidelines at Rockcastle. Only time will tell, but to say that no one will beat them in the next 6-7 years is so funny. I thought you would be more knowledgable than that.

Sports4Life - Clay County does have a great coming up and some fine young men in high school already. Just remember I'm not sure about Bell County but Rock hasn't been any lower than a 2 seed since 1991. 15 straight years of being a 2 seed or better. That will be a huge flip flop from 1 or 2 to 3 or 4.

SouthEastBell - That post was very laughable. You give absoultely NO CREDIT to a young Rock team that came out and dominated Bell County, instead you just said they played awful. News Flash, Rock had a little something to do with that. Bell County had already had the game won at least from the fans perspective. Everyone had Log Mountain all built up to be some sort of shrine that no one can win at. Not only did Rock win there they shut Bell County out. All week people were mentioning matchups, "ole' Bell County played Knoxville Central tough, no way anyone from around here beats them."

Just to let you know about Rock, not too mention the other teams in the district or tri-county area but Rock had an undefeated freshmen team that outscored their opponents 310-26. The junior class was also undefeated. The 8th grade team has possibly the best QB and RB to ever grace the sidelines at Rockcastle. Only time will tell, but to say that no one will beat them in the next 6-7 years is so funny. I thought you would be more knowledgable than that.

Sports4Life - Clay County does have a great coming up and some fine young men in high school already. Just remember I'm not sure about Bell County but Rock hasn't been any lower than a 2 seed since 1991. 15 straight years of being a 2 seed or better. That will be a huge flip flop from 1 or 2 to 3 or 4.

I remember it was fairly balanced some people picking Bell and some people picking Rock to win. And YES, Bell is a tough place to play at. Rock simply had the better team. With all things equal, Bell being at home I like the Bobcats, obviously they weren't equal. You obviously wasn't paying attention if you think people down here do not respect Rock as a good program.

As for the future Bell's freshmen, JV, and middleschool teams all went undefeated.

The freshmen and JV did it without 4 of the main freshmen and several sophomores who were playing varsity.

Now Im not saying all this stuff simply bragging, but I am stating that the future looks really bright at Bell the same as it does at Rock.

I remember it was fairly balanced some people picking Bell and some people picking Rock to win. And YES, Bell is a tough place to play at. Rock simply had the better team. With all things equal, Bell being at home I like the Bobcats, obviously they weren't equal. You obviously wasn't paying attention if you think people down here do not respect Rock as a good program.

As for the future Bell's freshmen, JV, and middleschool teams all went undefeated.

The freshmen and JV did it without 4 of the main freshmen and several sophomores who were playing varsity.

Now Im not saying all this stuff simply bragging, but I am stating that the future looks really bright at Bell the same as it does at Rock.

Who does their middle school play? Any good teams? Why wouldn't they play Clay? I heard Clay begged them to. I don't think they played Rock either. :confused:

This district will be non-existent in two years. Most every team here will get moved into a new class IF the new alignment goes through. Bell and Rockcastle will stay with one another, while Clay and Perry will move to a higher class. Letcher Central will go with Bell and Rockcastle while Madison Southern and Knox may find themselves in a lower class.

Just food for thought.

Who does their middle school play? Any good teams? Why wouldn't they play Clay? I heard Clay begged them to. I don't think they played Rock either. :confused:

Bell County played neither one on any level.

Rock and Clay County played on all levels except JV.

We could talk all day about the middleschool football teams and all that stuff and debate who is better. We have no way of knowing. You guys feel good about what you have coming up. And in Bell Co we feel good about what we have coming up.

Now a question I am wondering is what will Rock bring back next year? Bell, I am pretty sure returns 13 starters and some key backups. Bell lost a great WR, a RB, 2 O linemen, 2 D linemen, safety, and a linebacker.