Bardstown 21 Danville 0

Congrats to Bardstown.....they wanted it more and it showed. Bardstown will probally win it all if they just play well.

As for Danville.....I think it all turned downhill when the JET offense was even considered for an offense for Danville to run. Look what the big bad Bone had going for you last night......to b ad the game wasn't longer or you could have stayed in it and put up points. I had my doubts about Danville this year.......just not enought creativity on offense. Playmakers get the ball thats enough said.

Bardstown outcoached and outplayed Danville congrats to them. Sore loser as I may sound, I just hate to watch Danville play like they did all year so hopefully the underclassmen.......which there are a lot of can hit the wiehgts get stronger and faster and come back ready to hit somebody next year!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the worst Danville team in 25 or 30 years.

Hope none of the AD's kids log on this sight!That's pretty harsh thing to say!

Maybe a little dissapointing to the fans, but no need to kick them while they're down!Even You guys can' win 'em all. :irked:

Bardstown controlled this game, on the line ironically, and was the better team.

I do want to say this about Danville: What a class program!

Coach Harp threw everything he had against the Tigers (where is this irrational hatred of Jet plays coming from???!!!) and it just didn't work. With 4 minutes left, and B-Town up 21-0, rather than try some "reach" plays and gets his team hurt, he went back to the run. It was essentially a "salute" to a well-played game by Bardstown. I cannot tell you how much Bardstown's fans (and coaches) thought of that (not that it makes Ads fans any happier).

Both teams were helping each other up from the pile and smacking helmets. There were some tense moments, but nothing more than good agression.

Then, though his team was obviously dejected, they stood at attention while Bardstown's seniors accepted the region crown. Again class, class, class, from the team, to the fans, everybody. Can only hope Danville felt the same way about Bardstown.

ads1982 just does not have a clue. Danville got beat by a better team. Danville had a good year. 12-2 was better then expected. Thier offensive line came along way from the beginning of the season. Its not all blue here. My ADS have 9 returning starters on Defense, and 9 returning on offense. We will be back! Promise!

Hope none of the AD's kids log on this sight!That's pretty harsh thing to say!

Maybe a little dissapointing to the fans, but no need to kick them while they're down!Even You guys can' win 'em all. :irked:

That was 6 years ago. And, yes, I think that was the weakest team Danville has had in the last 25 years. Isn't this site about posting opinions?

ads1982 just does not have a clue. Danville got beat by a better team. Danville had a good year. 12-2 was better then expected. Thier offensive line came along way from the beginning of the season. Its not all blue here. My ADS have 9 returning starters on Defense, and 9 returning on offense. We will be back! Promise!

I guess not........along with many others on the Danville sidelines. How about losing some of your no name coaches there on the sideline get some people who know something about football out there. I did not say Danville didn't have a good year......simply that with a little more creativity on offense I would be looking forward to next Friday!

I know they have alot coming back........those guys better hit the weights and find some heart. I was greatly discouraged when many people pointed out how flat the team was all year.......its football most kids play it till their senior year of high school, get fired up and play every play. As for you Rice Mountjoy......are you that may need to get off the sideline?

I guess not........along with many others on the Danville sidelines. How about losing some of your no name coaches there on the sideline get some people who know something about football out there. I did not say Danville didn't have a good year......simply that with a little more creativity on offense I would be looking forward to next Friday!

I know they have alot coming back........those guys better hit the weights and find some heart. I was greatly discouraged when many people pointed out how flat the team was all year.......its football most kids play it till their senior year of high school, get fired up and play every play. As for you Rice Mountjoy......are you that may need to get off the sideline?

What is it that you think Danville ought to have run? They started in split-I, Ross got stuffed; switched gears to put Baughman from end to backfield, he actually had pretty good off-tackle success. Mixed in the pass in the 2nd quarter, had good success throwing to Doolin at TE. Doolin twists his ankle, they try and go deep and get picked. Go back to crossbuck, lineman penetrates and forces Baughman to fumble. 3rd quarter they try some wishbone, very limited success. 4th they put Guest in at QB try running him and throwing long playing catch-up. Playbook was pretty darned good if you ask me, IT JUST DIDN'T WORK! You've got 17 of 22 starters coming back, lighten up!!!!

What is it that you think Danville ought to have run? They started in split-I, Ross got stuffed; switched gears to put Baughman from end to backfield, he actually had pretty good off-tackle success. Mixed in the pass in the 2nd quarter, had good success throwing to Doolin at TE. Doolin twists his ankle, they try and go deep and get picked. Go back to crossbuck, lineman penetrates and forces Baughman to fumble. 3rd quarter they try some wishbone, very limited success. 4th they put Guest in at QB try running him and throwing long playing catch-up. Playbook was pretty darned good if you ask me, IT JUST DIDN'T WORK! You've got 17 of 22 starters coming back, lighten up!!!![/QUOT

Bone would have worked all nite. As for the single back, yeah when they went straight ahead it worked......but that was very little. How about using the size of Baughman and Macon in throwing the ball.......didn't see that too much. When they single covered these guys quite a bit you have to take advantage of their size. I hope I stir things up......I hope coaches read this so hopefully a better offense shows up next year. Just take a look at Boyle County.........they don't have problems scoring against anyone with a less talented team........why........they get their playmakers the ball.

Bone would have worked all nite. As for the single back, yeah when they went straight ahead it worked......but that was very little. How about using the size of Baughman and Macon in throwing the ball.......didn't see that too much. When they single covered these guys quite a bit you have to take advantage of their size. I hope I stir things up......I hope coaches read this so hopefully a better offense shows up next year. Just take a look at Boyle County.........they don't have problems scoring against anyone with a less talented team........why........they get their playmakers the ball.

I respectfully dissent. Danville tried to throw to Macon, a freshmen, some say he fell down, some say he was forced down, but he was being covered by arguably B-Town's best player and it gets picked. They were limited to short routes by Baughman because he was the only one running worth a hoot and had to come out of backfield, and because B-Town started to get some pressure.

Sam Harp needs to keep the same playbook, and come back next year with the same plays and the same players, who will have one more year under their belt. They'll be hard to stop.

I respectfully dissent. Danville tried to throw to Macon, a freshmen, some say he fell down, some say he was forced down, but he was being covered by arguably B-Town's best player and it gets picked. They were limited to short routes by Baughman because he was the only one running worth a hoot and had to come out of backfield, and because B-Town started to get some pressure.

Sam Harp needs to keep the same playbook, and come back next year with the same plays and the same players, who will have one more year under their belt. They'll be hard to stop.[/QUOT

I think they should open things up......I think the the Jet offense doesn't do very well against quality teams. I think their passing games has to get better overall. Use the size. Combination routes etc. I just hate to see talent wasted. Danville needs to find an identity for next season and perfect it something they didn't do this year. I can't wait till next year.

You just dont know. Those coaches on that sideline have been apart of 7 state championships. I think they have an idea. The admirals were a tough team to stop all year. Their offense was what did it for them. I guarantee you dont even know what an odd or even front is. What is an under or over front? You dont know anything about football. If you did you would not be making these silly comments. If it is one thing that Sam Harp knows how to do, it is matching his personnel to his offense. Study up young buck.

You just dont know. Those coaches on that sideline have been apart of 7 state championships. I think they have an idea. The admirals were a tough team to stop all year. Their offense was what did it for them. I guarantee you dont even know what an odd or even front is. What is an under or over front? You dont know anything about football. If you did you would not be making these silly comments. If it is one thing that Sam Harp knows how to do, it is matching his personnel to his offense. Study up young buck.

Study up young buck........If you want football trivia buddy bring it. I will say a few coaches know what they're doing.......I am talking about the people who don't have a clue on football. Harp, Perry, Dunn, Little those are people who should be there. I think the double T's need off there, what do they know. As for 7 state championships you need to pay attention.......Reynolds McAfee, Brant I don't see them there still, its all new faces. When you know the history talk to me till then study your football and the history of the Ads!