Going Under the Knife Tomorrow

MJAlltheWay24

Sorry that I haven't given an update yet. The surgery went very well. While in there, Dr. Bilbo said that he had to stitch up my Miniscus as well. I feel very blessed to have come back on here and see all the prayers and wishful thinking. It means a lot to me. I was in quite a bit of pain yesterday, but I think I've finally found how to keep it elevated and remain comfortable so that is good.

I have had many visitors and they will continue this week, so that helps too.

Rehab starts Monday, a little nervous, but ready to start making the baby steps to being back to normal. I will continually update as I go through this. Thanks again all!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found this thread, and now I know why I got a text earlier from someone asking me about a beer tonight, I figured they'd be at your place. So here's my disclaimer MJ, pain killers and alcohol are bad. Do with that what you will, hope the surgery went well, you'll have to let us know how it went and if there was any further injury than what they initially thought. Hope all is well man, I'll buy you a beer when you get cruch free.

I was definitely not partaking in any adult beverages lol but our mutual friend and several others did while we watched the Cats.

I will definitely not be skimping or taking it easy on the rehab. Having athletics and just being active taken away from me over the last two months or so has been pretty tough on me because of other personal reasons. It has always been my escape to go run, or play some ball. Not having that has practically driven me crazy at time, but I'm realizing it also made me stronger. However, all I want to do right now is play basketball. So I'm taking the "rehab bull" by the horns and can't wait to get started, even though I know it'll probably be pretty painful.

All the best wishes really does mean a lot though ya'll.

Had my first day of physical therapy today...oh baby is it going to be a long time until I can play ball again lol. I did really well at the Orhopaedic Center, but it was tough doing my exercises by myself again tonight. Good thing I'm heading there again tomorrow and Thursday, bad thing is I have a co-pay ever time I go. It's going to get expensive.