Some sad news to share.

formerkywrestler

Granny had her consultation today with the head of thoracic surgery at the JGB Cancer Center. She is going to have a stress test to see if her heart can handle the surgery. They are also additionally doing a PET scan and an ultrasound. After all the tests results are in, they will determine what combination of surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy she needs. The surgery is apparently extremely hard on your body as well as the radiation and chemotherapy being hard. With past heart problems she has had they want to be very thorough before proceeding with a course of treatment. Finally they do believe she has a cancerous spot on her stomach. Hopefully she will know something fairly soon.

I don't know if this will be inspirational, but I find it to be:

A work colleague had to quit working about 4 years ago because he was literally riddled with cancer: stomach, liver, in his blood...it was bad. He quit working to undergo experimental treatment at the Mayo clinic. About 2 weeks after he quit, he had a stroke. He was in a coma for 3 months, and couldn't walk, talk or anything for almost a year after. He slowly improved from the stroke, and resumed his treatments for cancer. He then had 2 bone marrow transplants, both of which were from the "acceptable" match pool. His body rejected both. A year ago, he had what would the doctors said was his last chance, a 3rd bone marrow transplant, this time from the "optimal" pool. He is in remission now, for almost a year. He is a walking testament to miracles and the power of will and positive thinking. I feel optimistic about your granny. And JGB is an incredibly miraculous place. I've seen it many times. My prayers continue...

Edited by rockmom

I don't know if this will be inspirational, but I find it to be:

A work colleague had to quit working about 4 years ago because he was literally riddled with cancer: stomach, liver, in his blood...it was bad. He quit working to undergo experimental treatment at the Mayo clinic. About 2 weeks after he quit, he had a stroke. He was in a coma for 3 months, and couldn't walk, talk or anything for almost a year after. He slowly improved from the stroke, and resumed his treatments for cancer. He then had 2 bone marrow transplants, both of which were from the "acceptable" match pool. His body rejected both. A year ago, he had what would the doctors said was his last chance, a 3rd bone marrow transplant, this time from the "optimal" pool. He is in remission now, for almost a year. He is a walking testament to miracles and the power of will and positive thinking. I feel optimistic about your granny. And JGB is an incredibly miraculous place. I've seen it many times. My prayers continue...

Thank you for that. And I do find that inspirational.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...