Bracken County 68 St Patrick 63

Lady Bears led by as many as 16, but Lady Saints fight back. Big baskets by Emma Conley when St. Pat twice cut the lead to 3 & once to 2.

Sara Sticklen with 25 pts, 15 rebs, 5 assists, 4 steals. Conley finishes w/ 12 pts, 4 assists. Also good contributions from three other freshmen: Jordan Wills (8 pts, 3 steals), Mallory Bell (7 pts, 2 assts), & Cassidy Jefferson (6 pts, 3 rebs).

Lady Saints w/ 4 players in double figures: Douglas- 19, Mosler- 17, Hamilton- 13, Tolle- 10. Lady Saints also owned the offensive glass.

Edited by Randy Parker

Good win for Bracken County and their young players. Sticklen continues to prove why she is a top player in the region. Her presence with the younger players Coach Kelsch throws out there will only make those kids much better. Conley kid is a good little guard and will be a handful before she graduates and she is only a freshmen. St. Patrick must find bench support as early foul trouble plagued the Lady Saints.

I thought the comments in the Maysville Ledger by the St. Pat coach were interesting. Early season games are just practice and records don't mean squat. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the word squat, now that one is classic.

Edited by care4alifesaver
addition of a word

Lost a lot of respect for the St. Patrick program when I was scouting a Bracken game earlier in the year. Whole St. Pat team was there sitting on the other side of the bleachers in the top row for JV game. After the JV game was over, they marched across the gym in a line and made their way to just 2-3 rows right behind Mason County's bench.

Found out later that every game that they are there in this coach's tenure, they do that.

These are teenage girls and the intimidation ploy is low class not just a strategic move.

Kudos for having them there. Kudos for having them in their traveling suits. I think that is great.

Constantly sitting right behind Mason County's bench, no kudos.

I thought the comments in the Maysville Ledger by the St. Pat coach were interesting. Early season games are just practice and records don't mean squat. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the word squat, now that one is classic.

Just a frustrated coach after a tough loss you shouldn't read into it anymore than that. Congrats Bracken, maybe we'll see ya down the road outside of the igloo.

Lost a lot of respect for the St. Patrick program when I was scouting a Bracken game earlier in the year. Whole St. Pat team was there sitting on the other side of the bleachers in the top row for JV game. After the JV game was over, they marched across the gym in a line and made their way to just 2-3 rows right behind Mason County's bench.

Found out later that every game that they are there in this coach's tenure, they do that.

These are teenage girls and the intimidation ploy is low class not just a strategic move.

Kudos for having them there. Kudos for having them in their traveling suits. I think that is great.

Assumptions are made legally and sometimes with little or no investigation or thought on the matter.

That's just ridiculous.... I was at that game sitting in the top row acrosss the gym on the Mason county fan side. IT WAS HOT, DARK, AND CROWDED. The Saint Pat team and their parents wanted to sit together and the only place where there was room for all of them was behind the Mason County bench. They contemplated whether or not to sit there and finally decided to go ahead. If Mason County doesn't want opposing fans or teams behind their bench then maybe they should do like they do at the fieldhouse and put their fan section (or maybe their band) there instead of across the gym. To insinuate that it was a ploy to intimidate is ridiculous. If you were really there you would have noticed that behind their bench was the only place were there enough seats. Plus they paid their admission, I think they are allowed to sit anywhere they want. I didn't see a seat assignment on my ticket. And as far as "marching across the gym"...... as more of their team arrived and it was evident that they would not all fit in the dark hot rafters of the mason county fan side of the gym, they got up and moved. That's all it was...plain and simple. Sounds like some people need to quit making more of it than what it really was. And they don't "constantly" sit behind the Mason County bench, so I don't know where you got that information, but if the Mason County bench is that insecure then maybe all teams should go to games and sit behind them. It must have bothered them or there wouldn't be so much talk about it. BTW, most of, if not all the SPS players were rooting for Mason County to win, but I'm sure you can all find something negative to say about that as well.

As far as Douglas saying a good record at the beginning of the season doesn't mean "sqaut", that was most likely in reference to the Saints starting out undefeated for about the first 10 games last season and then things taking a turn as the Saints went into tournaments in January and February. I don't think she was referring to Bracken County's team or record, but more likely her own.

And while we are on the subject of RESPECT......what about Bracken County's coach and his comments he makes during the game about opposing players. Last year he taunted certain St Pat players during the All A game everytime they passed his bench. He even moved one of them before an inbounds pass. And this year he was at it again. Making insulting comments about one of the SPS players when she was in earshot of him. So lets talk about low class and setting a good example for your players. I'll be the first to say I have no respect for him.

Jetcat is right when he says assumptions are made.......people who don't know facts need to keep their assumptions to themselves.

Edited by bugatti

And while we are on the subject of RESPECT......what about Bracken County's coach and his comments he makes during the game about opposing players. Last year he taunted certain St Pat players during the All A game everytime they passed his bench. He even "man-handled" one of them during an inbounds pass. And this year he was at it again. Making insulting comments about one of the SPS players when she was in earshot of him. So lets talk about low class and setting a good example for your players. I'll be the first to say I have no respect for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPm_9YWRKMA

Last year he taunted certain St Pat players during the All A game everytime they passed his bench. He even moved one of them before an inbounds pass. And this year he was at it again. Making insulting comments about one of the SPS players when she was in earshot of him.

This is an untruth that should never be allowed to be posted on this site. I have no idea about the St. Pat girls at the Mason game because I was actually watching the game, but this is a stupid lie from a sore loser.

And, let's remember boys and girls: "People who don't know facts need to keep their assumptions to themselves."

Edited by bugatti

Last year he taunted certain St Pat players during the All A game everytime they passed his bench. He even "man-handled" one of them during an inbounds pass. And this year he was at it again. Making insulting comments about one of the SPS players when she was in earshot of him.

And, let's remember boys and girls: "People who don't know facts need to keep their assumptions to themselves."

Well, I am pretty, no absolutely sure it is the truth because that info came directly from players during and after each game, and I will try to find some video so I can show you what I saw when he from behind, put both hands on a players waist and physically moved her out from in front of his bench before the ref handed her the ball for the inbounds pass between his seat and the scorer's table. Even if the ref wanted her to move, it wasn't pk's place to move her. As for the comments he made, unless you were on the floor playing or referee-ing, how would you know, unless you are pk or one of his players and then I doubt you would admit it happened?

But you seem to know way more than I do, so I guess you win. I'm just a sore loser. :( I will admit defeat. "So where are you going to celebrate your victory" And I won't explain that last comment in quotes because since you are so knowledgeable on this subject you will know what I am referrring to, or maybe not. Good day!