NKMSBL Week of 12/06/2010

BigDP

Gray Boys -

Tuesday (12/7) at home against Campbell Co (5pm - 6th, 6pm - 7th, 7pm - 8th).

Thursday (12/9) away at Sharp Middle School (?).

I don't know anything about Sharp, other than it is a long drive from Union.

Any other games of interest this week that might be worth watching?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gray Boys -

Tuesday (12/7) at home against Campbell Co (5pm - 6th, 6pm - 7th, 7pm - 8th).

Thursday (12/9) away at Sharp Middle School (?).

I don't know anything about Sharp, other than it is a long drive from Union.

Any other games of interest this week that might be worth watching?

Just be ready for some great officiating. Highlands Middle School has games on Tuesday at R.A. Jones and Thursday at home against Ockerman.

Officiating at Sharp is as good as the officiating at other places. Visitors just get on here and whine about it more. Most be the drive that leaves them in a foul mood.:D:D:D

We will be more friendly than the guidance counselor who was administrator on duty last year and tried to make the 7th grade Sharp team play with zero seconds of warmup time. She wasn't happy when they took 2 minutes, a whopping 2 minutes, to warm up.

If you are coming from Gray, go through Walton/Piner/Grassy Creek and it is shorter than going 275 and down 27.

I can make it from Sharp to Mt. Zion Rd and sports of all sorts in about 35 minutes. But I do know the road well.

Officiating at Sharp is as good as the officiating at other places. Visitors just get on here and whine about it more. Most be the drive that leaves them in a foul mood.:D:D:D

We will be more friendly than the guidance counselor who was administrator on duty last year and tried to make the 7th grade Sharp team play with zero seconds of warmup time. She wasn't happy when they took 2 minutes, a whopping 2 minutes, to warm up.

If you are coming from Gray, go through Walton/Piner/Grassy Creek and it is shorter than going 275 and down 27.

I can make it from Sharp to Mt. Zion Rd and sports of all sorts in about 35 minutes. But I do know the road well.

Thanks. Where exactly is Sharp? Is it the Pendleton Co. Middle School?

We were discussing coming down 27 to get there. If there is an easier way, I'm all for it.

I don't want to be in a foul mood when I get there because of the drive. Those poor officals get blamed for everything. The game. The drive.... lol.

Google says the address is 2525 US 25, North Falmouth 41040

Thanks. Where exactly is Sharp? Is it the Pendleton Co. Middle School?

We were discussing coming down 27 to get there. If there is an easier way, I'm all for it.

I don't want to be in a foul mood when I get there because of the drive. Those poor officals get blamed for everything. The game. The drive.... lol.

Google says the address is 2525 US 25, North Falmouth 41040

Sharp Middle School is the PC Middle School and named for Phillip Sharp who won the Nobel Prize in Science for his work in discovering DNA. Pretty smart guy and grew up right here in PC.

There is a shorter way but not sure if it is easier, if you don't know the roads.

Easiest way is to just head south on US 27. Once you go through Alexandria about 20 minutes away.

You will pass Northern Elementary first. Also a BB's Shell station. From there about 3-4 minutes away.

Look for Sharp on your right. Can't miss it. Only thing in a little valley.

How did the Birds do out at RA Jones tonight?

HMS sixth grade with a victory 27-22.

HMS 7th game was never in doubt. Up 21 - 4 and the reserves sent in. Starters played very little in the last three quarters. Final score was something like 37-24.

HMS 8th needed overtime again to get the win , 45-40. Last week they went to overtime to beat Camp Ernst. Short bench tonight without Harret and Urlage, both out sick. This group still not playing up to their potential. They can not seem to put together a game where more than one boy plays well. Last week Weyer carried them over Camp Ernst, tonight Hoge had a nice 4th qtr. and OT to escape with a win.

HMS sixth grade with a victory 27-22.

HMS 7th game was never in doubt. Up 21 - 4 and the reserves sent in. Starters played very little in the last three quarters. Final score was something like 37-24.

HMS 8th needed overtime again to get the win , 45-40. Last week they went to overtime to beat Camp Ernst. Short bench tonight without Harret and Urlage, both out sick. This group still not playing up to their potential. They can not seem to put together a game where more than one boy plays well. Last week Weyer carried them over Camp Ernst, tonight Hoge had a nice 4th qtr. and OT to escape with a win.

8th grade is guard heavy right? Hoge, Urlage, Weyer, Harret and Whitford?

Actually the 6th grade score was 37-22. To say the 8th grade is guard heavy would be an understatement. Whitford did not try out this year and you forgot Watson, Martin and Harris. None of which are inside players. When they are on from outside they are tough, but when not the games are close. 7th grade team improved to 6-2 with a tough game against Ockerman on Thursday.

Gray 8th grade will have no problem will Sharp, Ockerman beat them 49 - 14. The starters only played 1 1/2 quarters total. At the end of the 3rd Q. they were up 40 - 0. The whole second half they were not allowed to have any fast break points. They pulled the ball out and ran the offense. Play at HMS on Thursday, should be a good game.

Ockerman 8th grade beat Highlands tonight 39 - 30.

Ockerman has a nice group at this level. Even without Stanley, they have 7 nice ballplayers. Stockwell is big and efficient around the hoop. The guards have nice size and play strong and confident. Two huge 3 pointers by Thamann late 3rd/early 4th stretched a close game out to a comfortable lead for the Hawks. HMS got down double digits middle of the 4th, drew to within 7 with just under a minute to play before Ockerman put them away.