Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dunn signs with White Sox

Featured Replies

The White Sox are on the verge of signing Adam Dunn, a much-needed left-handed hitter who would get $56 million for four years.

 

According to sources, the deal is done pending a physical, and would culminate a pursuit of the slugger that dates at least to last summer's trading deadline.

 

What that would mean for Paul Konerko's future on the South Side is unclear, although there is room for both players. That would give the Sox a potent middle-of the-lineup order.

 

Konerko, who became a free agent this week when he turned down the White Sox's offer of arbitration, was fifth in MVP voting after hitting .312 with 39 homers and 111 RBI. Dunn also turned down arbitration from Washington, where he hit .260 with 38 homers and 103 RBI.

 

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/12/white-sox-may-be-close-to-signing-adam-dunn.html

  • Replies 42
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 mil isn't too bad of a price for a 40 Hr guy and it seems like a good fit.

12 mil isn't too bad of a price for a 40 Hr guy and it seems like a good fit.

 

So $14M is even better!:lol:

12 mil isn't too bad of a price for a 40 Hr guy and it seems like a good fit.

 

On the all-time list of most consecutive years of having 38+ bombs you have Palmeiro followed by Dunn.

On the all-time list of most consecutive years of having 38+ bombs you have Palmeiro followed by Dunn.

 

One did it with steroids, the other did it because he's just a huge human being.

 

I hope Dunn does well there. Sounds like he'll split time at 1st and DH with Konerko. Dunn could be deadly in a lineup where he's not the main cog in the lineup.

 

Will White Sox bring back Manny? I can't imagine they will...

One did it with steroids, the other did it because he's just a huge human being.

 

I hope Dunn does well there. Sounds like he'll split time at 1st and DH with Konerko. Dunn could be deadly in a lineup where he's not the main cog in the lineup.

 

Will White Sox bring back Manny? I can't imagine they will...

 

His old Nat teammate Zimmerman is upset with the Nats for not signing him.

So $14M is even better!:lol:

 

I thought about this tonight while listening to a sports update in the car. I thought to myself, I posted 12 million a year, that's pub school math for you.

Dunn batting .150 with 25 SOs in 60ABs. Sox in last place. I know just a coincidence.:lol:

One day closer to retirement.

0-12 against Lefties. 31 SOs in 75 ABs. Think Zimmerman and the Nats still miss the Donkey? How much did the White Sox pay this guy?

My guy is hitting much better in May. .259 vs .160 in April.

 

Here we go, Donkey!

.237 for May bringing his season avg. up to an astounding .196. Whopping 53 strikeouts in 138 ABs. Man, how the Reds ever replace those numbers???

My guy is hitting much better in May. .259 vs .160 in April.

 

Here we go, Donkey!

 

.118 in last 10 games. .184 for the season. I don't think I'd hitch my caboose to that train:lol:

.118 in last 10 games. .184 for the season. I don't think I'd hitch my caboose to that train:lol:

 

Fair to say he's off to a slooowwww start.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.