Boone County 74 Ryle 62

Final.

Nice win for the Rebels to start the season. Anyone have a recap? Lovethegame?

Brown had about 24 and McQueary 25. Stauffer had a good game for Ryle. He and Mays had the best games for Ryle. Brown was a rebounding beast inside. All of his shots were layups and stickbacks. McQueary was a dead-eye shooter. They left him open, and he caught and shot. I don't think he put the ball on the floor to score the whole game. Boone was up 19, and Ryle had it down to 7 with 2 minutes, but Boone was in the double bonus most of the second half, while Ryle did not make bonus until the 4th quarter. Boone had several turnovers. They had a big size advantage on Ryle and sat in a zone the entire game.

Good win for Boone. They had big leads several times durring this game, but Ryle would battle back to keep it interesting. It seemed like Ryle's guards really struggled. Alot of unforced turnovers. Mcqueery and Brown for Boone both played extremely well. Downs also had a solid game. Stauffer was the only thing keeping Ryle in this game most of the night. Volelt played really well, but he was limited because of foul trouble. This was a fun game to watch.

How'd Montgomery look?

I have a feeling Brown is going to have a big year this season for the Rebels. That big body down low is going to take a toll on defenders over the course of a game. He doesn't do anything special or fancy, just a blue collar kid that goes to work regardless of the competition.

How'd Montgomery look?

I have a feeling Brown is going to have a big year this season for the Rebels. That big body down low is going to take a toll on defenders over the course of a game. He doesn't do anything special or fancy, just a blue collar kid that goes to work regardless of the competition.

Not one of his better games. He struggled shooting from outside and with ball handling/turnovers and missed a dunk, but I'm sure he will bounce back. I think he had about 8 points, with maybe half coming on free throws near the end?

Was there an ejection in this game?

No ejections, just an intentional foul called on a Ryle player. The refs let them play and allowed them to do some serious banging underneath and the Rebels were on the better end of that battle. The boys from both squads were playing with a lot of emotion and that made for an excellent game.

Edited by LoveTheGame33
I dunno

Boone played very well. My only concern is there bench play. The only player I saw other than the starting 5 that had a good game, is Chase Stanely. He's a very good player. Not much of a scorer but an all around good ball player. Fookes came off the bench and grabbed some boards. The knew kid from New York played maybe 2 mins. And the first time touching the ball he tripped and lost the ball, in which Ryle turned into an easy lay up. Mcqueary was extremely hot last night, he's a very good shooter. I'm afraid if he's not making his shots he is useless to this team. I don't think he put the ball on the floor one time last night. He's not very quick nor agressive so that is a big question mark for me with this team. Brown and Montgummery were good last night. They will be the key to Boone's success this year.

Boone played very well. My only concern is there bench play. The only player I saw other than the starting 5 that had a good game, is Chase Stanely. He's a very good player. Not much of a scorer but an all around good ball player. Fookes came off the bench and grabbed some boards. The knew kid from New York played maybe 2 mins. And the first time touching the ball he tripped and lost the ball, in which Ryle turned into an easy lay up. Mcqueary was extremely hot last night, he's a very good shooter. I'm afraid if he's not making his shots he is useless to this team. I don't think he put the ball on the floor one time last night. He's not very quick nor agressive so that is a big question mark for me with this team. Brown and Montgummery were good last night. They will be the key to Boone's success this year.

I like Stanley. Smart player. I think he should see more time. Was surprised Pitts did not play at all. I was also impressed with the sophomore Mays from Ryle. He is going to have a good high school career. Good shooter.

I like Stanley. Smart player. I think he should see more time. Was surprised Pitts did not play at all. I was also impressed with the sophomore Mays from Ryle. He is going to have a good high school career. Good shooter.

I was surprised by this as well. From what I understand he played a lot in the varsity scrimmages they had and played very well. I saw part of the JV game and thought he played very well. I think he ended up with about 15 points and a ton of steals. JV level almost looks too easy for him. I know JV does not equate to Varsity, but still surprised they are not giving him some experience. Boone has to build that bench in order to be successful down the road. I missed part of the game, but did Burgess ever play? He is another player that really should be getting some minutes to deepen the bench.

I know JV does not equate to Varsity, but still surprised they are not giving him some experience. Boone has to build that bench in order to be successful down the road. I missed part of the game, but did Burgess ever play? He is another player that really should be getting some minutes to deepen the bench.

When your first game is a district game your priority is to win. Period.

Others can gain experience as the season goes on.

When your first game is a district game your priority is to win. Period.

Others can gain experience as the season goes on.

I agree. But what I'm saying is that I was shocked that Pitts didn't get any time at all. It would not have made much difference in the level of play with him in the game versus a few of the kids that did get some clock. I mean when you are up almost 20 points, why not get the new transfer a taste of district competition? Maybe see if he can handle it? If not, you can always sub your starter back in. If it was a 10-15 point game and still early, I definitely agree. And it could be that maybe he hasn't learned the system yet or the coach does not have confidence in him with his system. Who knows? I was just agreeing with wildcatfan about him not seeing any clock.

I was surprised by this as well. From what I understand he played a lot in the varsity scrimmages they had and played very well. I saw part of the JV game and thought he played very well. I think he ended up with about 15 points and a ton of steals. JV level almost looks too easy for him. I know JV does not equate to Varsity, but still surprised they are not giving him some experience. Boone has to build that bench in order to be successful down the road. I missed part of the game, but did Burgess ever play? He is another player that really should be getting some minutes to deepen the bench.

Burgess got in a couple times but had a couple turnovers/bad passes/shots and came out quickly each time. Appears he is on a shorter leash.