Michael Vick's Season

Clyde

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and for everybody who still says hes not a good passer. Find something else to try and dis Vick with because if you watched the game last night theres no way you could say that. The ball he had to Jackson on the first play of the game traveled almost 70 yards through the air and was a perfect throw. The Maclin catch down the sideline at the pylon was another magnificent throw.

He wasn't while in Atlanta. I am not sure what changed, but prison might have been the best thing that ever happened to Vick...

I personally think the Eagles will pull out all stops to keep him and honestly I think it would be foolish for him to leave them. I DO NOT see him as a Bengal for a plethora of reasons.

There is no way they let Vick Walk... :thumb: Franchise Tag!

So I guess the question is, should the Bengals make a run at Vick this offseason? Maybe let Ced & either TO or Chad go via FA, and try to draft Ingram? :idunno:

Wouldn't mind Vick, but the Bengals should draft Ingram in the 1st round. They need an OL more than anything.

Bernard Scott would actually be a solid back with Vick at the helm.

Wouldn't mind Vick, but the Bengals should draft Ingram in the 1st round. They need an OL more than anything.

Bernard Scott would actually be a solid back with Vick at the helm.

Scott is a great back to have as part of a combo IMO. No way he should be a feature back, he can't go up the middle.

If they aren't going to bring back Ced, and I would be shocked if they did, they need to address the position in the draft IMO.

Let us be honest, dolamite. I realize you never left the Vick bandwagon, and that is fair, but do not pretend you knew he would be this good. This is far exceeding his best moments in Atlanta.

I've always thought that in the right situation Vick would be almost unstoppable at times, but solid throughout. The system Reid has had going in Phili was the perfect fit for Vick, and Vick is far better suited for it then McNabb even was. In Atlanta Vick was used as a runner a lot more, now he only runs when that is the only option. In Atlanta, Vick didn't have the skill guys he has now either, and yes I realize he had Roddy White. I also realize Roddy White could make an argument for being the best wide out this season. However, the time he played with Vick he was he a shell of what he is now. Both he and Jenkins were taken with high draft picks and both were expected to develop faster then what they did. In the NFL though, WR is a position that takes some time to grow into and when they were with Vick they dropped a lot of balls, and frankly were not 1 and 2 receivers. Crumpler was his best receiving target, and after departing from Vick went to Tennessee to do nothing, then now to NE were he is known for blocking rather than pass catching.

To make all of this rambling come to a point, all I am trying to say is, yes, I have always felt Vick could be this good. I read a lot of things that led me to believe Vicks head was in the right place for maybe the first time in his career, and I knew if given the chance he could possibly do something special before it was too late. Coming into this season, no one expected him to really have a shot at the starting QB job, now he is a MVP candidate, even after missing 4 games. I felt if he got the opportunity he would do big things. Read about how hard he works now and how much he is actually into the study aspect of the game. In Atlanta he said he never cared about any of that and was generally the last to show up, first one to leave when it came to practice, film session, etc. Basically saying he used to just play on his talent alone, now is actually taking the time to work and make himself the best he can be and to win football games. If you have followed Vick throughout his career you can see how much he has changed in terms of work ethic.

Scott is a great back to have as part of a combo IMO. No way he should be a feature back, he can't go up the middle.

If they aren't going to bring back Ced, and I would be shocked if they did, they need to address the position in the draft IMO.

Why wouldn't the Bengals want Ced back? Whether or not HE wants to come back is a different story...

What I witnessed last night was one of the most impressive displays ever. I don't know how you can explain is improvement. The guy is in the pen for a few years and comes back much better than he was previously. A career passer rating less than 80 and now he's over 110. His surrounding talent in Atlanta was pretty poor but he's a much better QB now, and he's still the best athlete in the game hands down. Philly is on the hook now for a huge payday after last night's game, I bet they wish they opened their wallet a few weeks ago.

He is having an AMAZING year, but he isn't the mvp right now. If he stays healthy the rest of the year then I think he will win it, but if the season ended today I don't think it would be him. It also helps that he finally has some legit weapons around him and a coach who knows how to use him. He is easily the most exciting player to watch in the league and will be a nightmare for someone in the playoffs.

I'm really hoping for a Philly @ ATL NFC Championship Game.

So I guess the question is, should the Bengals make a run at Vick this offseason? Maybe let Ced & either TO or Chad go via FA, and try to draft Ingram? :idunno:

There's no way Mike Vick isn't an Eagle next season.

I don't like the idea of letting Benson go to draft Ingram either. Benson is good enough at RB. I think Cincinnati has more pressing needs.