November 17, 201015 yr There's no way Mike Vick isn't an Eagle next season. I don't like the idea of letting Benson go to draft Ingram either. Benson is good enough at RB. I think Cincinnati has more pressing needs. My whole reasoing behind that is that Benson seems to be getting more and more frustrated by the day. I'll be shocked if he wants back. Heard on Mike & Mike this morning that Schefter thinks Vick will be resigned long-term and they'll trade Kolb for a 1st and 3rd....Not sure he's worth that, but that's what he said the expected return would be.
November 17, 201015 yr No way they are getting a 1st and 3rd for Kolb. I agree I don't think Benson wants to come back here.
November 17, 201015 yr No way the Eagles will get a 1st & 3rd round pick for Kolb. He's only a 2nd round pick himself & hasn't done much in the NFL. No way his stock improved that drastically.
November 17, 201015 yr So I guess the question is, should the Bengals make a run at Vick this offseason? Maybe let Ced & either TO or Chad go via FA, and try to draft Ingram? :idunno: If the Bengals couldn't get him two years ago, when they actually offered more money than the Eagles. I doubt that he would decide to come here now.
November 17, 201015 yr Anyone think that coaching has a big part in this? In Atlanta it didn't seem like he was surronded by great offensive minds, and even players. Now though he has a very good offensive coach in Andy Reid, and I can't think of who their QB Coach/Offensive Coordinator is. But he also use to be a head coach in the league. So he has two very good offensive minds there to put him in great positions, and also more talent at receiver than he ever has had. Yes him maturing definitely is a big part in his turn around, however I just think he is also been put into a very good situation. People don't like to admit it, however coaching has a lot to do with how well a player will play. I think now he finally has some very good coaching.
November 17, 201015 yr There's no doubt that Andy Reid's system fits Vick perfectly. It also helps to have two very gifted WR's in Maclin & Jackson and an RB in McCoy who can do it all.
November 29, 201015 yr They're still down right now but Mike Vick just made the most impressive throw we will see this season from a QB. For all of those who still say he is not a good passer, go watch the throw made on 4th down late in this Chicago ball game. It was two plays after the two minute warning on a TD pass to Celek. I mean impossible window to make the throw and he put it right on the money, 4th down no problem, and from 40 yards out.
November 29, 201015 yr The Eagles say they are going to likely place the franchise tag on Vick next season...
November 29, 201015 yr The Eagles say they are going to likely place the franchise tag on Vick next season... I think thats a given...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.