Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Casey County 2010/2011

Featured Replies

Fothergill might disagree with you Rebel on Coffman being the third best in the region. I would argue a little also. Coffman is a very nice player but a little sporadic in her play. We will see how she does if the load is on her shoulders without Pittman.

 

Coffman is averaging 24.5 and 10 through nine games and has led her team to an 8-1 start. Looks like she is handling the "load" quite nicely.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casey played first quality team of season today in Clay and got crap kicked out of them.....rest of teams were not very good if you look up the records. Without Pittman, Casey is just a average team. Four scored today.....enough with the infomercial on every post.

 

 

12/30/2010 Clay Co. 62 Casey Co. 41 Clay Co. 19 14 13 16 62

Casey Co. 6 11 11 13 41

Gateway Classic at Montgomery County

Clay Co. (6-3) -- Whitney Jackson 12, Chestnut 18, Mitchell 10, S. Smith 6, K. Smith 12, Jackson 3, Gilbert 1

. Casey Co. (8-2) -- Johnson 6, Coffman 19, Hogue 8, Miller 8.

Danville is 9-2 and Pulaski is 8-5 so they probably would argue that they are quality teams and if you don't like the "infomercial on every post", don't read it. I have posted Coffman's numbers because I was called out for referring to her as one of the top players in the region before the season started.

Wait and see how Casey and pulaski does against Rockcastle then do your posts.

I will be surprised if Rockcastle does not advance at least as far as they did last year,maybe further...that has nothing to do with anything I have posted about Nicole Coffman and/or the Casey County Lady Rebels. I am not disrespecting your team, just promoting my own.

WOW! The guy is just saying Coffman is a top 5 player. LOL. Which with the way she has step up this year, she could be a top 3. Really dont have a lot of help.

Informercial for 01-05-2011. Nicole Coffman scored 32 and had seven rebounds in Casey's 52-42 win over Taylor County on Monday night.

Coffman had 24 to lead all scorers in the first Casey-Rock battle of the season.

Coffman look good last night. With Pittman the will be a lot better.

Edited by KYHOOP

There are several keys to the Lady Rebels season in 2010/11, but the biggest one is whether or not 5'11" junior center Megan Pittman is able to return from a torn ACL which she suffered in July. Whether or not there is a silver lining to this cloud is depends on who tries to step up to fill Pittman's shoes while she recovers. Two of the leading candidates would appear to be a pair of seniors, Katy Laman and BJ Hogue. Both started at times and logged considerable minutes last season.

 

The given for Casey this season is senior Nicole Coffman. Coffman is arguably the third best player in the region behind Pittman and Rockcastle's Sarah Hammond. Coffman is swing player who can play guard or forward and defend all five positions. She is at her best in the open court or slashing to the basket. She can step outside and hit the three and is very strong and athletic.

 

The Lady Rebels' backcourt returns sophomore Jasmine Johnson and senior Sarah Wesley. Johnson was thrown to the wolves last season after the 09 Sweet 16 team graduated three guards, but she responded well and does an adequate job running the team. Wesley made great strides last season after being a role player during the two previous seasons.

 

Beyond this core, Coach Randy Salyers will plug holes with very good, but unproven, young players. If these young players improve as the season goes along, Casey should be one of the top five teams in the 12th region with or without Pittman.

 

As much of a Casey homer as I am, even I didn't expect Casey to have the second best record in the region at this point and Nicole Coffman has been even better than I expected. She led her team to a 14-4 record without Megan Pittman and is still averaging 22 points and nine boards per game since Pittman returned. She dropped 33 on Bryan Station on Saturday even while being triple teamed for much of the game. I am ready for the postseason.

I am ready for the postseason.

 

Reb you are making me nervous.

No need to be nervous... we all know that the Lady Rockets are huge favorite....the rest of the teams are playing for second place.

Rock will beat all comers I am sure, just ask them. I saw them a few days ago and they are very confident. I wonder if they have the order in for region champs yet? I heard some fans discussing it in the bleachers

Rock and Casey will play two more times this season. Rock may win the district game but by the time region rolls around Pittman should be in better game shape and you just never know what might happen on regional championship night.

Rock and Casey will play two more times this season. Rock may win the district game but by the time region rolls around Pittman should be in better game shape and you just never know what might happen on regional championship night.

 

I hope you are right. I don't want Casey to win the district because I know the Lady Rebels can't beat Rock two times.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.