Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Casey County 2010/2011

Featured Replies

What does Casey County need to do to improve in 2010/2011? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several keys to the Lady Rebels season in 2010/11, but the biggest one is whether or not 5'11" junior center Megan Pittman is able to return from a torn ACL which she suffered in July. Whether or not there is a silver lining to this cloud is depends on who tries to step up to fill Pittman's shoes while she recovers. Two of the leading candidates would appear to be a pair of seniors, Katy Laman and BJ Hogue. Both started at times and logged considerable minutes last season.

 

The given for Casey this season is senior Nicole Coffman. Coffman is arguably the third best player in the region behind Pittman and Rockcastle's Sarah Hammond. Coffman is swing player who can play guard or forward and defend all five positions. She is at her best in the open court or slashing to the basket. She can step outside and hit the three and is very strong and athletic.

 

The Lady Rebels' backcourt returns sophomore Jasmine Johnson and senior Sarah Wesley. Johnson was thrown to the wolves last season after the 09 Sweet 16 team graduated three guards, but she responded well and does an adequate job running the team. Wesley made great strides last season after being a role player during the two previous seasons.

 

Beyond this core, Coach Randy Salyers will plug holes with very good, but unproven, young players. If these young players improve as the season goes along, Casey should be one of the top five teams in the 12th region with or without Pittman.

Fothergill might disagree with you Rebel on Coffman being the third best in the region. I would argue a little also. Coffman is a very nice player but a little sporadic in her play. We will see how she does if the load is on her shoulders without Pittman.

I said arguably. Rockboost made his argument and a good one at that. Fothergill is a good player, although I wish Rockboost would say what is good about Fothergill's game. I described what I like about Coffman's game.

 

On the other hand, Heartbreaker, Who "in reality" are the three players in the region better than Coffman? If you're going make those statements you need to back them up.

 

I like good discussion.

Thats pretty easy. My list would be:

 

1. Sarah Hammond

2. Danay Fothergill

3. Megan Pittman

4A. Kayla Bolwin

4B. Angie Lawrence

5. Nicole Coffman

 

I agree Coffman is a very good player, so dont get me wrong. I also base alot of this on how well I think these players will do at the next level. At that level she is a tweener, not good enough shooter for a wing and not strong or big enough to play the 3/4 like she does in high school. Needs work on her handles to play at the next level.

Danay is a scorer, will be a 2 in college. I like everything about her game except her attitude in some instances. She has been known to get rattled easily and that will have to change in college. I think all these girls that have been mentioned have some type of fault or another but I base Fothergill's ability to score which makes her stand out a little above Coffman.

Here is what Courier Journal published, but I would say those of us who watch 12th Region basketball have better insight than they do.

 

12th Region

Teams: 1. Rockcastle County, 2. Pulaski Southwestern, 3. Casey County, 4. Garrard County, 5. Lincoln County, 6. Wayne County, 7. Mercer County, 8. Somerset, 9. Monticello, 10. Danville.

Players: 1. Sara Hammond (Rockcastle County), 2. Danay Fothergill (Pulaski Southwestern), 3. Megan Pittman (Casey County), 4. Angie Lawrence (Rockcastle County), 5. Nicole Coffman (Casey County), 6. Kayla Bowlin (Wayne County), 7. Cortney Morrow (Monticello), 8. Kasey Young (Danville), 9. Hannah Mountjoy (Danville), 10. Kasey Young (Danville).

Coffman is averaging 25 a game through two games and has led an undersized team to road wins at Danville and at Pulaski. How are Fothergill, Lawrence, and Bowling doing so far?

Coffman is averaging 25 a game through two games and has led an undersized team to road wins at Danville and at Pulaski. How are Fothergill, Lawrence, and Bowling doing so far?

 

Lawrence led all scorers with 20 against No 4 Scott County in a blow-out 77-52.

How's that?

Bowlin averaging 21 a game and 8 assists. I think Fothergill is averaging 23 a game. Sounds like all of them are having great years.

Also how in the world did Casey get down 17 to Danville?

Also how in the world did Casey get down 17 to Danville?

I wasn't there, so I am not sure. I was impressed that they never gave up and fought back for a win with their coach sent to the locker room.

Coffman dropped 37 on Whitley tonight in a 57-43 win at Whitley. The senior is averaging 27 per game through the first four games.

Nicole Coffman scored 28 today in the second round of the Smoky Mountain Holiday Classic. Casey is off to a 6-0 start and Coffman is averaging 26.2 points and 10 rebounds per game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.