Knox Central/Greenup County Playoff Predictions

Who wins?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Greenup Co
    • Knox Central

This will be a tough game for Greenup Co. Sounds like Knox is a very good team. I see where Knox C. played Bell Co and Johnson Cent. very close. You have to be a very good team to do that. If Greenup Co doesn't come in with their A+ game it will be a long night. Greenup Co will have to play mistake free all night.

I noticed even with a tough schedule. Knox C averages 37 ppg and only gives up about 10 ppg. Impressive!!

Knox Central features a big and aggressive defense, especially up front, led by tackles Jake Asher (6-1, 260) and Cody Diamond (6-3, 285), guards Tyler Grubb (6-3, 275) and Scott Gilliam (6-2, 245) and linebacker Cody Smith.

The offensive line is similar if not bigger than the defensive front. QB Jonathon Barger has thrown for over 1200 yards and is equally at home running. Rb Johnathon Turpin reportedly benches 400 pounds and is a tough man to bring down. KC has experimented in recent games with moving WR Jeffrey Canady into the backfield at times and the results have been impressive. Canady cousin Travis is an excellent big play receiver and also plays linebacker.

KC has won a school record 8 regular season games, losing only to Johnson Central by one in OT, and to Bell County by 14.

How about a similar scouting report on Greenup before I make my score prediction?

Knox Central features a big and aggressive defense, especially up front, led by tackles Jake Asher (6-1, 260) and Cody Diamond (6-3, 285), guards Tyler Grubb (6-3, 275) and Scott Gilliam (6-2, 245) and linebacker Cody Smith.

The offensive line is similar if not bigger than the defensive front. QB Jonathon Barger has thrown for over 1200 yards and is equally at home running. Rb Johnathon Turpin reportedly benches 400 pounds and is a tough man to bring down. KC has experimented in recent games with moving WR Jeffrey Canady into the backfield at times and the results have been impressive. Canady cousin Travis is an excellent big play receiver and also plays linebacker.

KC has won a school record 8 regular season games, losing only to Johnson Central by one in OT, and to Bell County by 14.

How about a similar scouting report on Greenup before I make my score prediction?

Greenup Co has a very hard nosed running back who broke the school record in rushing this season. But the defense isn't very good. They give up about 25 ppg. They only throw about 3 to 5 times a game. They beat all the teams that they should have beaten. Teams that are down this year or are just not very good year in year out. And they lost to the teams they needed to beat. Lawrence Co, Mason Co, Ashland, Rowan Co and Coal Grove, Oh. Lawrence Co blowed them out with a strong running game. They played Rowan Co tough but found a way to lose. They are a OK 5-5 class 4A team. They do have some hitters on the team.

Greenup Co has a very hard nosed running back who broke the school record in rushing this season. But the defense isn't very good. They give up about 25 ppg. They only throw about 3 to 5 times a game. They beat all the teams that they should have beaten. Teams that are down this year or are just not very good year in year out. And they lost to the teams they needed to beat. Lawrence Co, Mason Co, Ashland, Rowan Co and Coal Grove, Oh. Lawrence Co blowed them out with a strong running game. They played Rowan Co tough but found a way to lose. They are a OK 5-5 class 4A team. They do have some hitters on the team.

If the above is true, Know wins going away. By at least 4 TD's. Would not suprise Knox back at Bell fro Regional Finals.

Greenup needs to play a perfect and very focused game against a tough opponent. The Defense needs to step up and make some big plays. The Oline will need to make some holes for Lyle to break through...

Let's go Musketeers! Your destiny is in your hands! Hope everyone can come out Thursday to see the boys off...they will be leaving around 4:30 pm.

Hasbeen2, do you have some stats on KC to share with us on BGP's? We don't get any info on you guys up here.

No, I'm sorry, nothing much more than I reported in post #3. I don't think individual stats are very important on this team due to the starters being pulled by halftime in quite a few games. I'm pleased that Coach Mills calls off the dogs as soon as possible.

Probably the most important stat is that the Panthers are only giving up 10.3 PPG despite, as I said earlier, numerous games where the starters never played a down in the second half. That's bettered in class 4A only by Bell County's 7.8

Another point of interest is that the offense has continued to evolve each week. To their credit, the coaching staff know that Bell was two TDs better than us by midseason. They've continued to try personel moves and to increase the use of the passing game to the point that they are just as likely to come out of the gate throwing as they are to run depending on what they see in the scouting reports.