Boyle 49 Christian County 33

Hatz

28-7 Boyle at the half. Colonels held in first half to 1 First Down and -12 yards rushing, 48 yards passing.

2nd half the Colonels made big plays and the Rebels answered with drives.

Prelim stats showed Boyle with 33 First Downs and 484 yards of offense.

Rebels had 4 starters out for the game including Hester (LB), Thielman (DL), and 2 others. Cook may have been one of them (leading rusher on the season).

BGP rules prevent me from commenting too much on the events that took place at the end of the game. Thankfully, Boyle's #8 overcame the upper cut punch and finished the game standing tall. My hat's off to you #8, you are one TOUGH kid. Boyle showed class at the end of the game when they were on CC's 1 yard line and opted to take a knee. CC is incredibly fast and has a very dangerous offense. They have a chance to go deep into the playoffs. BC's first half defense did an awesome job of containing their speed. However, in the 2nd half, defense decided to bow out and both teams scored at will. Now the real season begins.

I thought Christian County adjusted after halftime and did a better job of finding a way to get the ball into the hands of their playmakers. Quick wr screens moved the ball down the field for them. They were also extremely elusive in the open field. Unfortunately for them, they couldn't stop our offense. I believe Devon Cox had 225 yards rushing and we rushed for over 400 yards as a team. Hale was also 7-7 for over 100 yards. Not sure of the official stats but I am sure they will be posted later. Tandy and Hickey were indeed very dangerous when they had the ball and Davies was an impressive hard to bring down runner as well. Had CC not tried to throw the ball so much in the first half this game may have been a little different.

Things got a little chippy at the end and I hope Blake is okay. Scary moment for everyone. I can only imagine the horror his father felt. I pray that he is and will be fine.

I was glad to see the referees not make any rash decisions when the skirmish broke out. I'd hate to see either team lose a player for round 1. It was a hard hitting game. It seemed to be as physical as a Bell County game.

Good game for the Rebels and an excellent tune up for the playoffs. I look forward to round 1.

Some stats from the game

BC

1st Downs 31

62-411 rushing 5 TDS

7-8 108 yards passing 2 TDS 1 Int

9 penalties 53 yards

Cox was 34 rushes for 225 yards and 1 TD

Christian Co.

7 1st Downs

23-110 rushing 1 TD

8-16 139 yards passing 2 TDS

5 penalties for 45 yards

I met a new fan tonight. Didn't get his name but he asked me if I came to any games last year. I said "oh yeah". He then proceeds to tell me how we had this kid name Rees who was "real" and asked if I ever got to see him play. I smiled and said, "yeah, I have seen him play."

Guess he is one of the few people at Boyle County who doesn't know me by my BGP name.:cool::lol:

Most of their rushing yardage came from a big run by Davies and a big run by Hickey. Both very very nice runs I might add.

Lamar had 2 sick stiff arms tonight as well. Laugh out loud stiff arms.

I was talking to the US Army rep tonight filming Lamar, and he told me he had a good shot of those 2 stiff arms for a touchdown.