DeSales @ Western predictions

buffalo kid

This one should be entertaining to say the least. DeSales has improved every week since they lost to Western during the first part of the season and a playoff win on the road - @ Corbin - is always a confidence booster. I'm up in the air about this one. I'd like to see both teams move on, but I'll be cheering for St. Francis DeSales in this one. Good luck to both teams!

:thumb:

Look for lotsa points, yards, excitement and entertainment. Based on their regular season battle, this rematch should be another dandy.

I could be way off, but I just don't see this game being the same type of shootout as the previous one.

DeSales was very good defensively and as good on that side of the ball as any team that Corbin has faced this year. They are huge up front(I'm not sure what the height & weight of their front four is, but they were much bigger than Corbin on the lines), the LB's & DB's swarmed to the ball and did not miss tackles. One of the keys to them beating Western will be tackling, if they miss tackles against the speed that Western possesses(4 players who run 4.5 forties) it will result in huge plays. Their pass defense was not bad Friday although Corbin was able to pass for around 300 yards. Cashen was able to thread the needle on several occasions and the Redhound receivers also made nice plays on balls when they were well covered.

I'm sure that DeSales will make some defensive adjustments from the first game and Western will as well, I'm not ready to pick a winner yet but I see a much lower score than the first game.

If Desales brings the same game they braught when they came to campbell field, Desales and Western will be tied for the year. If they keep it going like friday night they will probably face off with Ft.Campbell on the rights to go to state. Maybe Western had a bad night friday they only beat Whayne Co. 21-7, not very impressive.

Western was without #81, a good linebacker, and Louisville's top running back, Justin Collins, his anckle was hurt in practice. Pretty much... Western was down a little. Look for Western's back to light it up. Shephard is a great qb, simple scheme, run 4 fades, hit the open man 50 yards down field after he blows his man from the line of scrimmage. Western's defense is definately a weakness. If DeSales, gets up, stays up, and doesn't allow a big play, they move on. If Western plays hard, gets fired up, stays in it, and makes big plays ( which they WILL do ), they win. I think Wright and his boys fight hard and pull an upset. Warrior fans better hope Collins is back.

If Collins is back, Shephard has an easy target to get the ball to. Western's defense looked to me as if it had improved a great deal vs. Wayne, I still think that DeSales will put up a bunch, but i think Western can/will do the same... DeSales has more of a "steady drive/disciplined" approach, Western simply can break it at ANY time, Collins isn't the only stud running back on this team, Shephard ran a great option with a clutch fullback to recieve the pitch. DeSales can fall victim to Western's passing attack, they just have too much speed, and if everyone drops back, watchout- Shephard can scramble for a bunch. I'm rooting for the Warriors in this one.