Ohio teams of note

Wildcat

The same game you were, and with a lot more objectivity.

That is hardly a spanking??????

A spanking is when a team takes out its starters one series into the 2nd half.

I guess its a spanking if you put it in perspective. We are not talking about just any team. You are talking about a premier dominant team that didn't just lose by 3 points or a TD. 4 scores against a team of that caliber classifies it to me as a spanking.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same game you were, and with a lot more objectivity.

That is hardly a spanking??????

A spanking is when a team takes out its starters one series into the 2nd half.

Okay maybe it was a slap-down, or a mauling, lambasting, thumping, trouncing, pommeling, whipping, mashing, vanquishing. hammering, pounding, or just a good ole-fashioned threshing.

I guess its a spanking if you put it in perspective. We are not talking about just any team. You are talking about a premier dominant team that didn't just lose by 3 points or a TD. 4 scores against a team of that caliber classifies it to me as a spanking.

How does the caliber of the teams involved determine whether a team got beat badly or not? Either they did or they did not.

A game not decided going into the 4th Qtr. is not getting beaten badly.

Okay maybe it was a slap-down, or a mauling, lambasting, thumping, trouncing, pommeling, whipping, mashing, vanquishing. hammering, pounding, or just a good ole-fashioned threshing.

Nice try- none of the above.

Just wishful thinking.

Trinity won the football game; no more no less.

Your definition of objectivity does not match mine because your definition apparently means that even though one team is ahead by 16 points the game is "close".

2 possessions is definitely close.

I've always said 14 points is the most deceiving deficit in football; it is one play from being a very close ballgame. 16 points is not much different, especially with an entire quarter of football left to play. Much greater deficits have been overcome in less time.

2 possessions is definitely close.

I've always said 14 points is the most deceiving deficit in football; it is one play from being a very close ballgame. 16 points is not much different, especially with an entire quarter of football left to play. Much greater deficits have been overcome in less time.

When the ball rolled down hill it never stopped. Close game at half? No doubt. By the end of the 3rd, the Brohm show was on...

It was over the second Ramsey and his staff made fools of themselves on a correct call. That would have been early in the 3rd...

Psychologically, you may be right...

It would have been interesting to review... I still think Trinity would have won the game. Elder's defense just was not prepared for the skill of Trinity's offense.

Psychologically, you may be right...

It would have been interesting to review... I still think Trinity would have won the game. Elder's defense just was not prepared for the skill of Trinity's offense.

16 instead of the 6 inch line. PI on the next play. Ball at 31 and Brohm goes deep. Game over...

When the ball rolled down hill it never stopped. Close game at half? No doubt. By the end of the 3rd, the Brohm show was on...

The Brohm show was on from qtr. 1.

The game was still very much in reach though, as far as time and Elder's offensive capability.