Russell 41 Mercer County 26

midee1

It was when the score was 34-6 and they mentioned the trash talking that goes on BGP and they could not wait to see what would be said after the game. I did not hear them say anything about any of the Mercer players (the chump comment) I listened to the whole game, but maybe I missed it. I don't listen to the radio normally because I think the one guy is clueless, but didn't have a choice last night.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great game. Two teams flat knockin the crap out of each other and mutual respect for the other. There was no quit, no giving up, no laying down, none of the. Each team just kept throwing its punches and Russell just landed a couple more. It was a great game, smashmouth, physical football at its best. I just want to say congrats to Coach Jaggers, staff and players. You all accomplished more this year than I think anyone could ever have imagined..most wins in school history (10) and getting over that first round playoff hump for the first time since 1988. You have a lot to be proud of! I think there is definately something special in the making at Mercer County, without a doubt!!

As for Russell. Congats to you as well. You were the better team. It was a great atmosphere for HS football. I was impressed with the whole set-up, from the stadium to the fans, very classy. Best of luck to y'all the rest of the way, I too hope we were beaten by the eventual 2-A champs. Great game!

That was a great game. Two teams flat knockin the crap out of each other and mutual respect for the other. There was no quit, no giving up, no laying down, none of the. Each team just kept throwing its punches and Russell just landed a couple more. It was a great game, smashmouth, physical football at its best. I just want to say congrats to Coach Jaggers, staff and players. You all accomplished more this year than I think anyone could ever have imagined..most wins in school history (10) and getting over that first round playoff hump for the first time since 1988. You have a lot to be proud of! I think there is definately something special in the making at Mercer County, without a doubt!!

As for Russell. Congats to you as well. You were the better team. It was a great atmosphere for HS football. I was impressed with the whole set-up, from the stadium to the fans, very classy. Best of luck to y'all the rest of the way, I too hope we were beaten by the eventual 2-A champs. Great game!

:thumb:

Nice post.

I to enjoyed the game. When the score was 34-6 I thought that it was going to be a run away. I was glad to see that Mercer never gave up. Look out next year for Mercer it is apparent that they are well coached and the players believe they can win.

The Russell players did a great job. Great playoff win. Congratulatiobns.

Russell physically handled that big line. I think everybody was suprised to see Mercer abondon what they had done all year and switch to a spread offense.

Chris Lewis and Donald walker both impressed me for Mercer Co. Especially on defense.

Russell physically handled that big line. I think everybody was suprised to see Mercer abondon what they had done all year and switch to a spread offense.

Chris Lewis and Donald walker both impressed me for Mercer Co. Especially on defense.

Yeah, I was surprised when Play 2 Win told me that they had went to the spread shot gun, that is totally not there game.

I have heard that Russell's lines arent as big as they have been in the past but that they are pretty strong and physical.

Yeah, I was surprised when Play 2 Win told me that they had went to the spread shot gun, that is totally not there game.

I have heard that Russell's lines arent as big as they have been in the past but that they are pretty strong and physical.

I guess coach Jaggers was just trying to find a way. They were not moving the ball, but that really suprised me.

Russell's line is not big but they are not small either. Very strong, very quick and hard hitting.

10 wins tied the most wins in school history... the team had 10 wins in 1988 :thumb:

Just wanted to add this. I don't know what #32's name is but what a bull. He always tried for the extra yards and usually came away with a few. Good job whoever you were. :thumb:
#32's name is Donald Walker - a 16 year old junior. And thank you for noticing.

10 wins tied the most wins in school history... the team had 10 wins in 1988 :thumb:

Yeah, that was my fault. I knew that they tied the record and didnt break it, but in any case, 10 is the record, whether it be 1988 or 2005. My bad there hopper.

To all you Russell fans, I know the kids from Mercer that may read this enjoy your support and respect.#32, Donald Walker is a real tough kid.(#32, #5, #30, #82, #40, #3, etc. Look for him and everyone of Mercer County's skill players that played the other nite to be back for the 2006 campaign(Brandon Scheller, #20, got in a couple plays, scored 1 TD, he just couldnt go anymore than that due to his ACL injury).

Best of luck Russell the rest of the way.

#32's name is Donald Walker - a 16 year old junior. And thank you for noticing.

No problem. He definately caught my eye from my perch on top of the press box. He stood out to me play after play. Even in the latter part of the game, when it had already been decided. I see good things for him in the future. :thumb:

Brandon Scheller has ACL surgery on Wed Nov 23. Was a class act that Coach Jaggers alllowed him to have one more chance at a first down and one more touchdown. Mercer should be proud of their season. This was a group of players that had heard for so long that they did not have the talent to go anywhere. They were made to believe in themselves and did great. One has to wonder without the injuries of some very good players what would have happen. But that's football. Good job players and coaching staff.